nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116014)

hell_of_doom227 07-08-08 10:23 PM

Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...GTX+200+Series

$500 or less after rebate. The cards will hit $450 i believe for GTX280.

eVga http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130365

$469 after mail in rebate.

seastar 07-08-08 10:32 PM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
I wonder what the 4870x2 is going to be priced at. If Amd priced it at $499 would nvidia have to lower the gtx 280 price even lower?

hell_of_doom227 07-08-08 10:40 PM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Nvidia might ended up selling more GTX cards then ATI. I bet Nvidia will play same game with low price on GTX280 compared to HD4870 X2 as ATI did with HD4870. Also Nvidia is probably working on GX2 card.

Drax 07-09-08 12:06 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
I was looking at power consumption charts.. is there a power supply that could handle a quad GTX280 system? 0.o 2 of those under load consume more power then quad 9800x2's according to the graph I saw.

Mr Bigman 07-09-08 01:12 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Her we go all over again from the x800 days or even 9800pro days over fx 5900's to 6800's

hell_of_doom227 07-09-08 07:18 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax (Post 1706110)
I was looking at power consumption charts.. is there a power supply that could handle a quad GTX280 system? 0.o 2 of those under load consume more power then quad 9800x2's according to the graph I saw.

If Nvidia releases GX2 based on GTX280 i assume it will have 256bit mem bus with 1gb for each GPU (2gb) and could more like GTX260 based then GTX280.

K007 07-09-08 08:01 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
shame..it will take some time for the price to change in australia -.-

Ninja Prime 07-09-08 08:46 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 (Post 1706303)
If Nvidia releases GX2 based on GTX280 i assume it will have 256bit mem bus with 1gb for each GPU (2gb) and could more like GTX260 based then GTX280.

You have no grasp of reality do you?

Tr1cK 07-09-08 09:07 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Prime (Post 1706355)
You have no grasp of reality do you?

rofl

hell_of_doom227 07-09-08 09:27 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Prime (Post 1706355)
You have no grasp of reality do you?

Actually i really do. GTX260 on 256bit mem bus is possible with 512mb. See if all those brains like Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein listened the morons like you who were telling them "You have no grasp of reality do you?, they would not accomplish anything...

m0t0rcade 07-09-08 10:24 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 (Post 1706385)
Actually i really do. GTX260 on 256bit mem bus is possible with 512mb. See if all those brains like Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein listened the morons like you who were telling them "You have no grasp of reality do you?, they would not accomplish anything...

Uhhh....wouldn't that be a 9800GX2 then? What is the point?

hell_of_doom227 07-09-08 10:57 AM

Re: Guys GTX280 and GTX260 is dropping big time on newegg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0t0rcade (Post 1706458)
Uhhh....wouldn't that be a 9800GX2 then? What is the point?

Nah. It would not cause GTX260 is faster then 8800GT chip but also to have GDDR5 on 260GX2 board on 256bit bus.
9800GX2 barely beats single GTX280 or in many games single GTX260. 9800GX2 against two GTX260 is not even close.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.