nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Home Theater A/V (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Blu-ray: Afterthoughts (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116057)

NaitoSan 07-09-08 05:28 PM

Blu-ray: Afterthoughts

It has been few months since Toshiba abandoned their support for HD-DVD.

After reading many articles, I see that Blu-ray sales has boosted ALOT everywhere in last few months. We're starting to see Blu-ray players dropping in prices and Profile 2.0 players are coming down at reasonable price. Studios' making almost daily announcement on upcoming Blu-ray movies. The Godfather Collection: The Coppola Restoration, Band of Brothers, and many movies on the way. Rumors running around that Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings trilogy's heading to Blu-ray. The future for Blu-ray looks even brighter.

So, what's your thoughts? Still pissed about HD-DVD dead, not happy or loving Blu-ray?

Oh yeah, my copy of Batman Begins Limited Edition for Blu-ray has arrived! Woot! :D

1337_Like_ThaT 07-09-08 07:05 PM

Re: Blu-ray: Afterthoughts

Let me just quote something an old 'highly intelliegent' member once said

Date: 05-31-07, 08:30 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilchris (Post 1273764)
You are an idiot if you think either camp will claim "victory" within the next 2 years or less.

:udawg:

KasuCode 07-09-08 07:28 PM

My most anticipated titles are Final Fantasy AC, Transformers, and Iron Man. I also want to get the Fast and furious series on bluray. Ill admit I love them movies. They are very entertaining. I also cant wait for the 4th movie.

Anyways back on topic. Im happy with bluray.

NaitoSan 07-09-08 07:54 PM

Me too, I can't wait for both, Iron Man and Transformers for Blu-ray in Sept. :D I am really curious about director's cut of Advent Children.

crainger 07-09-08 08:49 PM

I still like HD-DVD better, but I guess, not much I can do now. Blu-ray is pretty decent now, it looks great, sounds great, has the possibility to store huge amounts of data. * layers? entire TV series on one Disc? Sounds good to me.

CaptNKILL 07-09-08 08:58 PM

I still have yet to see a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD movie...

:o

Mr. Hunt 07-09-08 09:35 PM

Still loving Blu-ray, the much better format of the two... yay lossless audio.

|MaguS| 07-09-08 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=- (Post 1707019)
Every time I put money in Sony's pocket a little part of me dies. But alas, due to Sony's deep pocketbook, the inferior format won. Sure, they say Blu-ray has "caught up" to HD-DVD in terms of PQ etc, but it shouldn't have HAD to catch up. I will pick up a BD player when I finally retire my Toshiba HD-A2.

Isn't a dead format automatically retired?

crainger 07-09-08 10:56 PM

Not while the movies are going for $5 each. ::D:

I had like 5 HD-DVDs, then when the format died, I now have 30 something. ::D:

mullet 07-10-08 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=- (Post 1707019)
Every time I put money in Sony's pocket a little part of me dies. But alas, due to Sony's deep pocketbook, the inferior format won. Sure, they say Blu-ray has "caught up" to HD-DVD in terms of PQ etc, but it shouldn't have HAD to catch up. I will pick up a BD player when I finally retire my Toshiba HD-A2.

Agreed, I love my A2, when it dies I may build a HTPC with a BD rom.

ViN86 07-10-08 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 1707026)
Still loving Blu-ray, the much better format of the two... yay lossless audio.

you would think that numerous times people have told you the facts, they would sink in sooner or later. i guess not. especially the fact that pretty much no one can tell the difference between lossless and high quality encoded sound. lol oh well.

the best thing, imo, is that BD is coming into its own and things are finally becoming/are standardized across the board. now if they can start getting some better manufacturing processes to drive down those costs, ill be on board. still not in the right price range for me.

|MaguS| 07-10-08 08:44 AM

shush evilvin