nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Circuit City Banner Ad (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116492)

TheOneAndOnly 07-18-08 01:57 PM

Circuit City Banner Ad

Can anyone please get rid of that ****ing banner ad? Anytime you move your mouse past it to access some function your browser, it takes over so you have to either click on it, or click close.

Whoever the ****ing genius is who came up with that crap should rot in hell. Seriously.

And yes, I'm cranky. 1st couple of times I can tolerate. After that, it's friggen annoying...:banghead::banghead::banghead: ::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ViN86 07-18-08 03:06 PM

Re: Circuit City Banner Ad

how many threads do we need on this topic? :|

it's not like anyone here pays to use the site, so ads are to be expected.

top3koms 07-18-08 03:21 PM

You could use Firefox with the ad-block plus extension.I never see any banner ads when visiting this site.

TheOneAndOnly 07-18-08 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top3koms (Post 1716329)
You could use Firefox with the ad-block plus extension.I never see any banner ads when visiting this site.

Ok thanks!

Sorry if I was cranky about it. I just can't stand ads that constantly mess with your browser.

|MaguS| 07-18-08 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top3koms (Post 1716329)

Thank you got supporting the site, we really appreciate it. :thumbdwn:

SLippe 07-18-08 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1716355)
Thank you got supporting the site, we really appreciate it. :thumbdwn:

Do you buy things via those Ads? If not, then how is blocking them not supporting the site?

|MaguS| 07-18-08 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLippe (Post 1716380)
Do you buy things via those Ads? If not, then how is blocking them not supporting the site?

I dout he makes revenue only from people who purchase things from the link on the ad. If he did he would make almost nothing from them. These ads are probably off of views insted of clicks. Google's ads are based off clicks.

SLippe 07-18-08 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1716392)
I dout he makes revenue only from people who purchase things from the link on the ad. If he did he would make almost nothing from them. These ads are probably off of views insted of clicks. Google's ads are based off clicks.

Do this, go to the Main nVNews page and look in the upper-left corner and you'll see where it says Shop Online. Then put your cursor over the the little 120x120 picture ad/link and at the bottom of your browser in the link that it displays you'll see nVNews' MasterID number. If you were to click on that Ad and purchase the video card or whatever Ad happens to be there, he'd get revenue back. You can click on the Ad and not buy it and he won't get a dime. Look at any of nVNews Pricegrabber links and you'll see the same thing.

top3koms 07-18-08 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnly (Post 1716339)
Ok thanks!

Sorry if I was cranky about it. I just can't stand ads that constantly mess with your browser.

Your very welcome ,glad to be able to help.

v3rninater 07-19-08 07:57 PM

I hate this add as well, tired of it, makes me not want to visit the site much sense it's hard to navigate having that crap pop down and cover the screen.

LORD-eX-Bu 07-19-08 08:14 PM

my merwang supports this site...

Tomato 07-19-08 09:16 PM

It did it again when I was typing. This god forsaken ad needs to go. It pops up all over the place. It is even annoying on my 30" monitor.

Tell Circuit city I will never shop there because this is shameless.