nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   With so Many Mod Tweaks for Crysis which is proven to be the best one thus so far? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117611)

Digital_Trans 08-10-08 07:08 AM

With so Many Mod Tweaks for Crysis which is proven to be the best one thus so far?

I was wondering which Crysis mod tweak has proven to be a winner? I normally use Gaco_Crysis retail tweak v1.0 under direct x 9 With so many newer tweaks out which has been proven to be the winner? Of course you will get far better performance from DirectX 9 compared to 10 so which mod tweak should I be using?

Lfctony 08-10-08 10:39 AM

Re: With so Many Mod Tweaks for Crysis which is proven to be the best one thus so far

Slawter, I installed that mod, but it looks a bit weird... It reminds me of certain photoshop effects that made stuff look sharper... I also tried the Mster config, that makes everything too dark! :(

Lfctony 08-10-08 11:05 AM

Re: With so Many Mod Tweaks for Crysis which is proven to be the best one thus so far

I meant the whole CCC package. I tried level 5 after L6 was too slow... Also, for some reason the HP mod causes my screen to become full of triangles... IE I can't see a thing... I think the config files are causing it...

Lfctony 08-10-08 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaWter (Post 1740468)
I'm also using Level 5 (High), can't say that I'm seeing photoshop-like effects. Same effects as with other configs, normal engine tweaks.
177.43 drivers btw, no graphical issues.

I had it when Crysis first came out with certain configs... IE, another tweak found in this section doesn't involve different Cvars, just an autoexec for Vista... That works fine... But if I use the HP one, the game goes psychedelic on me...

wrathofgod 08-10-08 12:39 PM

Personally, I like Crysis Extreme Quality by jmanrob. It's a frame puncher at it's default settings but with a few additional tweaks, the frames can be brought back to acceptable levels.

Lfctony 08-10-08 12:44 PM

That's the one I'm using without any problems... But that one involves only an autoexec.cfg file for Vista... Got any tips on bringing the FPS up?

Digital_Trans 08-10-08 01:50 PM

Well, it look like I'll give it a try with CCC v2.21 all maxed out in direct x 9c

wrathofgod 08-10-08 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony (Post 1740536)
That's the one I'm using without any problems... But that one involves only an autoexec.cfg file for Vista... Got any tips on bringing the FPS up?

Try changing these in the config file and you should pick up some frames.

e_view_dist_ratio=70

e_shadows_cast_view_dist_ratio=0.5

e_shadows_max_texture_size=768

Still looks great, even after changing these settings.

jmanrob 08-10-08 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathofgod (Post 1740690)
Try changing these in the config file and you should pick up some frames.

e_view_dist_ratio=70

e_shadows_cast_view_dist_ratio=0.5

e_shadows_max_texture_size=768

Still looks great, even after changing these settings.

You could also try these if you want a few extra fps without any image loss.

r_ColorGradingDof=0
r_DepthOfField=1
e_proc_vegetation=0 <----this removes underwater plants fyi.

If using my water reflection tweaks, you can return to default for more performance. I love them as the reflections look much better and dont update while moving.

r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate=3" change to 0.05
r_WaterUpdateDistance=-1" change to 0.2

If the 3d wave effect is to much in small ponds change this cmd.

e_phys_ocean_cell=0.2 to 0.5

Hope this helps out, and thanks for trying the configs.

K007 08-10-08 04:25 PM

i have only tried natural mod.

Roliath 08-11-08 12:59 AM

I installed CCC on a fresh install of crysis, but now whenever I start a new game (as I installed ToD) crysis crashes on me.
I'll mess with it in the morning.

EDIT
Reboot is all I needed? Odd, is there a way to go from LVL-6 (which is what I installed it at) to like Lvl-5? Not too happy with the performance with the lvl6 config in CCC

NaitoSan 08-11-08 02:15 AM

I finished Crysis (finally, yay!) using jmanrob's Extreme High Quality config. I showed off to some of my friends while playing Crysis on my PC. They were like, holy crap that looks better! I know that config take a hit on frames but I'm perfectly happy with 25-30 unlike those who LOVES 60+ fps.