nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New audigy drivers up on Creatives website (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1182)

sbp 08-27-02 04:05 AM

New audigy drivers up on Creatives website

Here's the link to WinXP/2000 Creative Audigy drivers from creative's site.
http://www.americas.creative.com/sup...tric=205&OS=13

These drivers are revision 5.12.1.253

Tactics 08-27-02 10:17 AM

Are the ones for 98 far behind? or are we going to have wait another year? Anyone know anything? thx

Stavros 08-27-02 12:27 PM

Do you know if these drivers will be ok for the UK Audigy's as their European site has yet to be updated

Tactics 08-27-02 02:08 PM

I have no idea but it boggles me why 98 drivers aren't out. I would hope they are on there way.

Edit: I just called Creative and spoke with someone that said they assume 98 will be released but had no idea when. That was customer service dept. so I can only take that with a grain of salt.

The tech support dept. is totally automated... oh joy!

LTech221 08-27-02 04:14 PM

Yes they will work on your UK card. I coudlnt download from the Americas server because it was patheticaly slow, so i went to creative's asia server and got them in about a minute.

saturnotaku 08-27-02 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LTech221
Yes they will work on your UK card. I coudlnt download from the Americas server because it was patheticaly slow, so i went to creative's asia server and got them in about a minute.
I did that myself, took me more than a minute 'cause I'm on dial-up but I have the driver and will install them when I get home tonight. :)

VoltFox 08-28-02 09:06 AM

I experienced a lot of pops & clicks with this driver... does anybody else experience that?

saturnotaku 08-28-02 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by VoltFox
I experienced a lot of pops & clicks with this driver... does anybody else experience that?
Haven't had any of that on my end. I was using the leaked Gateway March 18, 2002 drivers before these. If anything, these new drivers fixed some bugs I was experiencing using advanced EAX in Jedi Knight II and GTA3 while not sacrificing sound quality in other applications and games.

VoltFox 08-28-02 10:45 PM

Will there'll be any difference if I install the driver which come from the CD first then update it with the latest one?

Because I've just done a fresh XP install and install the latest one straight away...

saturnotaku 08-29-02 01:03 AM

Far as I know, you can't install these drivers straight up. You have to have a previous version of the drivers installed before you can use this update. I tried to uninstall my previous drivers and run the update, but I'd get an error message saying a certain file couldn't be found.

VoltFox 08-29-02 04:28 AM

Quote:

Far as I know, you can't install these drivers straight up. You have to have a previous version of the drivers installed before you can use this update. I tried to uninstall my previous drivers and run the update, but I'd get an error message saying a certain file couldn't be found.
Strange, I installed the newest drivers without any problem after I freshly install XP...

anyway, I've uninstall the newest driver then I've installed the driver comes from the CD, and then update it with the newest driver, well... the pops & clicks just disappear...

Well, now Creative has two updates driver in their website for Audigy, I just don't know if I have to install the driver from the first revision then update it with the second one...
CD Revision -> 1st revision -> 2st Revision, a long way to go... it's sucks if you think that you have to restart your computer after each time you update the driver.

The first revision allow you to use up to 31 sound mixing while the newest only allow you to use just up to 28... If you guys notice that at the Hitman 2 demo sound config...

Well, I think Creative has to do something with their driver revision, or they can put a note on how to properly install the driver...

Stavros 08-29-02 07:33 AM

So far so good
I've been playing BF1942 multiplayer demo, before I updated the drivers I'd sometimes get some odd sounds (bit like feedback) every once in a while, since the update, I haven't experienced them