- NVIDIA FreeBSD
177.70 (BETA) for FreeBSD i386 released
Changes since 177.68:
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- GeForce 9800 GTX+
- GeForce 9800 GT
- GeForce 8100P
- nForce 780a SLI
- nForce 750a SLI
- Quadro FX 770M
- Quadro NVS 160M
- Quadro NVS 150M
- Improved support for RENDER operations with the same source
and destination; this should enhance performance in
some situations, e.g. when dragging Plasma applets in KDE4.
- Fixed a text rendering performance regression that affected
GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that caused text to be missing or
corrupt on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed a regression responsible for false negatives during
SLI video bridge detection attempts after X server
- Resolved an event-handling bug in the X driver responsible for
X server crashes upon starting a windowed OpenGL
application while using Compiz.
Changes between 177.67 and 177.68:
- Added support for the GeForce 9700M GTS.
- Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the
NVIDIA X driver and OpenGL implementation; this should
improve performance with e.g. the KDE4 OpenGL compositing
- Fixed a RENDER corruption bug on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused GLXBadDrawable errors to be generated
when running more than one OpenGL application with
anti-aliasing enabled on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs, e.g. wine.
- Fixed a bug that caused GPU errors when killing the X server
while an OpenGL application is running.
- Fixed a bug on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs that caused dynamic
display configuration to fail on GPUs not currently
driving an X screen.
177.76 BETA Release Highlights:
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 260
- GeForce GTX 280
- Improved support for RENDER masks, as well as RENDER repeating modes and transformations, for video memory pixmaps.
- Added accelerated support for RENDER convolution filters for video memory pixmaps on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs.
- Added an 'AllowSHMPixmaps' X configuration option, which can be used to prevent applications from using shared memory pixmaps; the latter may cause some optimizations in the NVIDIA X driver to be disabled.
- Added support for DisplayPort display devices (including 30-bit devices).
- Resolved various stability problems on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs, as well as some GeForce 6 and 7 PCI-E GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in GPU errors when changing the TwinView display configuration while using Compiz.
- Further improved the error recovery paths taken in case of GPU command stream corruption.
- Removed an old workaround that caused incorrect fake Xinerama information to be reported after enabling a second TwinView display.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the kernel module to fail building against some FreeBSD kernels.
- Fixed a bug that caused the kernel module to fail building with FreeBSD AGPGART support enabled.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 177.13
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-177.70.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-177.70.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 177.70
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.