nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Booting overclocked? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118741)

jesseee 08-30-08 09:57 PM

Booting overclocked?
 
I was wondering if there is any way to have my videocard automatically overclock at some point during the booting process. I have an 8800 GTS, and I've found reference speeds of 630 and 1000 tend to help things along a bit. Every time I reboot I have to reset the clock speeds. Is there any way to avoid this? Also, does anyone else have the problem that you have to start Nvidia system monitor before you can get to the performance tab in Nvidia control panel?

k0py 08-31-08 11:38 AM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesseee (Post 1762171)
I was wondering if there is any way to have my videocard automatically overclock at some point during the booting process. I have an 8800 GTS, and I've found reference speeds of 630 and 1000 tend to help things along a bit. Every time I reboot I have to reset the clock speeds. Is there any way to avoid this? Also, does anyone else have the problem that you have to start Nvidia system monitor before you can get to the performance tab in Nvidia control panel?

You need rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

XDanger 10-10-08 05:05 PM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by k0py (Post 1762452)

Thats getting old... Oh nm

npras42 10-11-08 07:27 AM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
You could always flash the video card with a new BIOS. You need to use a program called NiBiTor (google it) but I take no responsibility if you hose your card. I've never had problems but I'm generally very conservative with my changes and don't mess with voltages.

Lfctony 10-11-08 10:42 AM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Precision...

XDanger 10-11-08 10:44 AM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by npras42 (Post 1805641)
You could always flash the video card with a new BIOS. You need to use a program called NiBiTor (google it) but I take no responsibility if you hose your card. I've never had problems but I'm generally very conservative with my changes and don't mess with voltages.

I bought a pci graphics card today incase the need should ever arise.
Flashing wants a pci card otherwise youre doing it blind.

npras42 10-11-08 03:42 PM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XDanger (Post 1805763)
I bought a pci graphics card today incase the need should ever arise.
Flashing wants a pci card otherwise youre doing it blind.

Yeah, good point. I have another system with onboard VGA plus PCI-E slot so its not that big deal.

SLippe 10-11-08 05:43 PM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Use EVGA's Precision Tool.

Roliath 10-12-08 06:43 PM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Download the tool here, EVGA Precision

SLippe 10-12-08 11:06 PM

Re: Booting overclocked?
 
Direct link; http://www.evga.com/precision/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.