nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Spore? Where's yours? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118854)

Quick420 09-02-08 05:36 PM

Spore? Where's yours?

I see it's on the usual ****list of sites,so why is my copy not installed yet? EB doesnt have it yet......damn all the losers are going to be multi cell organisms before I climb out of the ooze.Me thinks to add JOLT COLA at install....neways I cant wait to start this up(nana2)

ahheadlock 09-02-08 07:46 PM

Re: Spore? Where's yours?

yeah it sucks, I cant wait for this damn game and i have to wait til tomorrow to buy it.

meanwhile it's sitting on the torrent sites for all the pirates.

no fair.

brady 09-02-08 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahheadlock (Post 1764686)
yeah it sucks, I cant wait for this damn game and i have to wait til tomorrow to buy it.

meanwhile it's sitting on the torrent sites for all the pirates.

no fair.

How does that work. Doesn't the game depend on being connected to EA's network or something?...

|MaguS| 09-02-08 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brady (Post 1764702)
How does that work. Doesn't the game depend on being connected to EA's network or something?...

Basically it limits them to the SP aspect which is 25% of the game...

Noodles 09-02-08 09:30 PM

wtf are yall talking about?

it doesnt come out until the 7th?

nrdstrm 09-02-08 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodles (Post 1764758)
wtf are yall talking about?

it doesnt come out until the 7th?

Basically they are saying it's already been released (pirated) to newsgroups, torrent sites, IRC, etc. But as Magus mentioned, the "Warez" version will not let you into the multiplayer aspect of the game, which is 75% of it (I would almost say more...Like 90%)...

crainger 09-02-08 11:23 PM

I've had my copy since yesterday. Australia got an early release. I haven't played it yet. Wont get a chance until the weekend probably.

ahheadlock 09-02-08 11:30 PM

how did you get it yesterday, and where from?

berlinwall has tomorrow as release date.

edit: my bad, EB have it. Only one copy of galactic edition and thats it left. Going to pick it up now

jeffmd 09-03-08 12:33 AM

multi play..%90? I hope not. I wanna beable to do alot before I see other peoples dancing penises and tits on an elephant creations. ;)

CaptNKILL 09-03-08 12:39 AM

Remember guys, if you've got a pirated game, do not post about it here. That includes screenshots.

If you own the game legally, post whatever you like. :)

ahheadlock 09-03-08 01:04 AM

just picked up my copy with all the un-necessary galactic edition bits. Probably could've waited and got a cheaper normal version from somewhere else, now that i think about it - i'll be lucky to get more than 30 minutes of play time tonight haha. Oh well.

Apparently the online portion wont be up and running until friday. That's what the EB guy told me anyway, although the official release date is still tomorrow - he said they got copies yesterday and someone somewhere made the decision to just start selling them early.

crainger 09-03-08 03:24 AM

I'm installing now. Gonna see if it activates ok or if I have to wait to play like Bioshock.