nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I am looking for a MMORPG - How is EQ2 these days (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119295)

saguy 09-12-08 05:29 AM

I am looking for a MMORPG - How is EQ2 these days

I was wondering how EQ2 was doing as I have not played it for awhile. The last MMO I played full time was LOTRO which I enjoyed but left as I am not one to keep playing the same game with alts.

I lasted 5 days with AoC and for the last couple weeks have been checking out Tabula Rasa which is better than expected but feels too much like a single player game. I have not even grouped once in it. I am in the WAR beta and am still undecided as to whether I actually like the game, even though I stupidly pre-ordered it from D2D so I am stuck with it. Also this is the only game that runs poorly on my PC which is bizarre considering the level of graphics.

Tr1cK 09-12-08 07:46 AM

Re: I am looking for a MMORPG - How is EQ2 these days

I can't believe you didn't say AoC ran the worst and said WAR instead. WAR ran a bit better than LOTRO on my machine. AoC ran like **** and I haven't played EQ2 in 2 years, but would say it will probably run about like LOTRO.

Tabula Rasa is hands down the worst game on the list. It's buggy, imbalanced, and very shallow. If I remember right, the engine sucks to the point where you can't run AA and the nice lighting option at the same time too.

nekrosoft13 09-12-08 08:00 AM

i'm no big MMO player, but Tr1cK is right. Tabula Rasa is probably the worst MMO i played.

saguy 09-12-08 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1cK (Post 1774263)
I can't believe you didn't say AoC ran the worst and said WAR instead. WAR ran a bit better than LOTRO on my machine. AoC ran like **** and I haven't played EQ2 in 2 years, but would say it will probably run about like LOTRO.

Tabula Rasa is hands down the worst game on the list. It's buggy, imbalanced, and very shallow. If I remember right, the engine sucks to the point where you can't run AA and the nice lighting option at the same time too.

I am not going to continue with Tabula Rasa. I wanted to check the game out for myself and to be and from what I had heard I was expecting worse. I am looking for some depth in a game so that's why I am curious about EQ2 again. I will check their forums over the weekend to see how healthy the community is.

I did not bother mentioning the performance of AoC because I did not expect it to run well anyway. I was expecting WAR to fly along due to the primitive graphics. I have been following a thread on another forum where players have reported issues with poor performance which may be related to VRAM on some setups. Apparently in the next patch there are going to be a few more settings for the amount of memory that you can allocate to VRAM.

CaptnStubing 09-12-08 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 1774273)
i'm no big MMO player, but Tr1cK is right. Tabula Rasa is probably the worst MMO i played.

Vanguard

/thread

saguy 09-12-08 11:36 AM

Ello ello captn, I see you have given up on AoC. Sorry, but I have to say this 'what took you so long?' So what's up with you and MMO's at the moment.

Tr1cK 09-12-08 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saguy (Post 1774379)
I am not going to continue with Tabula Rasa. I wanted to check the game out for myself and to be and from what I had heard I was expecting worse. I am looking for some depth in a game so that's why I am curious about EQ2 again. I will check their forums over the weekend to see how healthy the community is.

I did not bother mentioning the performance of AoC because I did not expect it to run well anyway. I was expecting WAR to fly along due to the primitive graphics. I have been following a thread on another forum where players have reported issues with poor performance which may be related to VRAM on some setups. Apparently in the next patch there are going to be a few more settings for the amount of memory that you can allocate to VRAM.

They have already included that in the latest open beta.

|MaguS| 09-12-08 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing (Post 1774398)
Vanguard

/thread

I actually heard that Vanguards has been improving alot lately with a new newbie starting area and new models coming soon aswell.

Im gonna give it a try again if they ever offer me a free month again...

CaptnStubing 09-12-08 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saguy (Post 1774445)
Ello ello captn, I see you have given up on AoC. Sorry, but I have to say this 'what took you so long?' So what's up with you and MMO's at the moment.

I played AoC for three months and had a blast. The fun ran out though. I think I got my monies worth for the 3 months I played it.

I'm playing WoW again. I only PVP and run around the world looking for fights. :D I have really scaled back on the playing tho. I'm kinda bored with gaming in general right now. It will change when Fable II and Fallout 3 come out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1774631)
I actually heard that Vanguards has been improving alot lately with a new newbie starting area and new models coming soon aswell.

Im gonna give it a try again if they ever offer me a free month again...

It's just to late for me and most people.

saguy 09-12-08 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnStubing (Post 1774708)
I played AoC for three months and had a blast. The fun ran out though. I think I got my monies worth for the 3 months I played it.

I'm playing WoW again. I only PVP and run around the world looking for fights. :D I have really scaled back on the playing tho. I'm kinda bored with gaming in general right now. It will change when Fable II and Fallout 3 come out.

I tend to play MMO's for that period of time and soon as excitement goes I'm out of there. I am also looking forward to Fable and Fallout. I still would not mind a new fresh faced MMORPG that is in a different setting or something.

Tr1cK 09-12-08 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saguy (Post 1774739)
I tend to play MMO's for that period of time and soon as excitement goes I'm out of there. I am also looking forward to Fable and Fallout. I still would not mind a new fresh faced MMORPG that is in a different setting or something.

Wait for Huxley, it looks pretty cool.

Gorion 09-12-08 06:45 PM

I just came back to EQ2 today. I'm hoping to be able to get back into it. I've been out for a couple of years so it'll be interesting to see the changes.

Looking forward to seeing Neriak for the first time. I have seen that city since my first toon on EQ. I can't wait.