nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Please remove the exploding smily (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119406)

Wolfgang Klein 09-14-08 01:46 PM

Please remove the exploding smily

Dear Admins,

please remove the exploding smily!

I understand that some people will think of it as funny, but some times my 5 year old son is watching when I am at my pc and I don't want to try to explain to him what this means, because no matter what I will tell him, it won't change what he is actually looking at: an exploding head.

I don't believe that I am the only parent who has a problem with explaining exploding heads to children. So I kindly ask you to remove this smily.

Sincerely,
Wolfgang Klein

lduguay 09-14-08 02:43 PM

Re: Please remove the exploding smily

Nuooo, the exploding smily is the best ever! :box:

Tr1cK 09-14-08 03:05 PM

boom headshot! :headexplode:

methimpikehoses 09-14-08 03:12 PM

:headexplode::headexplode::headexplode:

saturnotaku 09-14-08 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang Klein (Post 1776478)
I understand that some people will think of it as funny, but some times my 5 year old son is watching when I am at my pc and I don't want to try to explain to him what this means, because no matter what I will tell him, it won't change what he is actually looking at: an exploding head.

There's always the option of not having your 5-year-old watching you while you're at your computer. You can also not come to this Web site while he's watching you at your computer. Or, you could try and actually be a parent and work to instill in him the difference between fantasy and reality.

LORD-eX-Bu 09-14-08 03:54 PM

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2...ingheadpn9.gif

CaptNKILL 09-14-08 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnotaku (Post 1776534)
There's always the option of not having your 5-year-old watching you while you're at your computer. You can also not come to this Web site while he's watching you at your computer. Or, you could try and actually be a parent and work to instill in him the difference between fantasy and reality.

Agreed.

When you sign up for this forum I believe you have to agree that you are 13 or older. The majority of the users here are adults and a few are teens. The content of the website is for people of that age and older, the viewing habits of people under that age are the responsibility of the parent.

Also, the mind numbing content in modern cartoons is probably far worse for a kid than a few red pixels on a smiley. :p

I can't speak for the site admin, but as a moderator I must respectfully decline your request.

Drolfrawd 09-14-08 04:16 PM

+1 We like our heads exploding

crainger 09-14-08 04:29 PM

I also decline this request. Sorry Wolfgang.

SH64 09-14-08 05:07 PM

You guys are evil :o

Bearclaw 09-14-08 05:49 PM

Rejected by Cmmdr. Bearclaw.

Sorry, try again.

You are the weakest link!

ViN86 09-14-08 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang Klein (Post 1776478)
Dear Admins,

please remove the exploding smily!

I don't believe that I am the only parent who has a problem with explaining exploding heads to children. So I kindly ask you to remove this smily.

Sincerely,
Wolfgang Klein

what about this one? :retard: