nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119481)

ATOJAR 09-16-08 04:10 AM

Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

So for the lucky ones(like me)that pre-ordered WAR and got the head start code & also for the official release date (18th September 08) i though i would start a "Official" thread dedicated to anything & everything Warhammer Online related!

Lets here your views?

lIqUID 09-16-08 05:45 PM

Re: Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

AWESOME GAME! but having played beta for a good couple months I knew how it would be. I'm currently on Badlands destruction side with a 250 person queue time...my mistake for picking a high pop server at noon on release day.:thumbdwn:

Order seems to hand us our asses in t1 scenarios as I won maybe 4 out of 30 games on Sunday, but I'm hearing we own t2 scenarios, and I know from beta experience we should dominate endgame stuff unless some of those order power guilds stop us or beat us to the punch.

My wife tried and tried to get me to say I was buying Wrath when it releases in November, but honestly WOW can kiss my ass.

Sgt_Pitt 09-16-08 09:44 PM

Too busy playing..

ATOJAR 09-17-08 02:41 AM

I don't like this game at all, Having played the head start for two days i can honestly say my pre-ordered version will be getting sold as soon as it arrives, not my type of game at all!

The crappy wack one button combat seems sluggish & slow to respond, the combat it self is boring, the content is boring, the graphics are poor with no AA & this so called "next gen" RvR as far as i have seen is just like good old capture & hold control points.

Im sticking with AoC, the new PvP update get released tomorrow along with some bug fixes & more content added!

Serrasalmus 09-17-08 05:35 AM

destruction, badlands, trial and error we are looking for a few good killers!

CaptnStubing 09-17-08 10:17 AM

Keep posting here about the upper levels. I found the game extremely boring but I have not completely counted the game out.

lIqUID 09-17-08 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrasalmus (Post 1779376)
destruction, badlands, trial and error we are looking for a few good killers!

hmm, I'm on destruction Badlands but the damn queue times are killing my desire to even play the game right now. I waited in queue for 30 minutes yesterday, my movement keys didn't work so I had to quit come back and wait in another damn 30 minute queue.

As much as I like this game I've played it so much the last 2 months and especially last few days I already feel kinda burned out on it. I'm sure when I get out of content I've done 500 times it will be much better but its slow go when playing solo D:

Dvahlish 09-17-08 11:34 PM

Well..Im still loving this game.
1-10 was abit of a grind...but im loving the T2 content.

I was involved in defending a keep yesterday and that was a lot of fun...pouring hot oil on the order had to be a highlight.

Im not finding it boring at all and the graphics look fantastic to me but maybe thats because I have been looking at wow's pissweak graphics for too long :)

We have our guildies from wow playing and have started our own guild on a low pop server, so the waiting time for RVR is next to none.
The way the guilds work is quite cool really, as you level your guild rank and at each level you unlock new abilities.

Learning the new professions has proved interesting.

But now the banks and AH's are all fully functional so its not so hard to find mats.

I have heard one or 2 people saying they didnt like the game, but for the most people seem to be loving it!

I do think its a game that you need to get past level 10 in to enjoy, but thats the same with most games I have played.

I like the fact that there is relentless grinding if you dont want that. You can level through PVP and RVR and recieve sweet rewards for renoun levels aswell.

Well..the game is released to the public tomorrow, so I guess all we can do is wait and see what the world thinks eh?

Mr. Hunt 09-18-08 03:42 AM

14 (or 15) Witch Elf on Praag.. pretty fun game so far. Name is Maeby.

MabelAC 09-18-08 09:36 PM

i have seen Warhammer here and there lol whether it's a worthy game to have a try?

Smee 09-19-08 01:21 AM

Granted my max character is level 4, but I see nothing early on that makes me think I'll play this game past the 30 days.

Xav 09-19-08 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smee (Post 1781458)
Granted my max character is level 4, but I see nothing early on that makes me think I'll play this game past the 30 days.

That is a shame..but if you expect to play 30 days then that means you bought the game and for that I thank you!

You are helping fund the game for the rest of us left behind :)

Hopefully once you get some lvls and skills to use, you will come to enjoy it more.