nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Crysis Wars Multiplayer (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119633)

methimpikehoses 09-18-08 02:14 PM

Crysis Wars Multiplayer

How is it? Does it have any chance of dethroning Cod4?

jAkUp 09-18-08 02:30 PM

Re: Crysis Wars Multiplayer

Definitely better than the original, but hard to say as I have not played it long.

|JuiceZ| 09-18-08 03:47 PM

Played the crap outta the original MP, only got to play CW a few minutes during lunch and loved it. CoD 4 will still have more mass appeal.

methimpikehoses 09-18-08 04:37 PM

Well I gave in and got the steam version... looking forward to starting up some MP games tonight if folks are interested.

methimpikehoses 09-19-08 03:09 AM

Pretty good performance in MP, 1920x1080, 2AA. Very playable, a few hiccups. Some of the maps are cool, but I'm still not used to the feel... not quite as fluid as Cod4.

Saw Jakup for a sec tho. :) :bleh:

Madpistol 09-19-08 09:37 AM

I actually like it. It feels a little bit like Battlefield 2 with some Counterstrike thrown in, and I think it works pretty well. Being able to cloak on command is an awesome ability in multiplayer, especially when you hide in the shadows so no one can see you. Only time will tell if its good for the masses, but I really like it currently. :)

Soetdjuret 09-19-08 10:35 AM

Its great that map-autodownload function is working, not ppl can start hosting servers with custom maps so ppl get more variation and more servers get up. I believe this was much missed in original crysis MP.

Blade 09-19-08 12:02 PM

Battleground Map is very impressive.

v3rninater 09-19-08 06:06 PM

Is it me cause this crysis wars is pretty much the same crap, just add a couple new weaps and maps. But the bugs in it are killing my experience, it's like everyone has much better ping and I don't.

So far it's not that great of an expansion for me.

Soetdjuret 09-19-08 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v3rninater (Post 1782155)
Is it me cause this crysis wars is pretty much the same crap, just add a couple new weaps and maps. But the bugs in it are killing my experience, it's like everyone has much better ping and I don't.

So far it's not that great of an expansion for me.

1. It's not an expansion...

2. Get better connection...

methimpikehoses 09-19-08 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 1781815)
Battleground Map is very impressive.

I like the downed airplane map... cool idea. Still not sold on the actual gameplay...

Blade 09-23-08 04:51 PM

3rd.