nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119710)

insolublefibrin 09-20-08 04:55 AM

Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
I just replaced my ATI 4870 with a GTX 260, and it appears I can't boot up with 2 screens anymore. Only one screen (the one connected via the 1st DVI connector) will switch on; when I enter Windows, I can then use my multimonitor set up as normal. Is this standard behaviour? I'm using 2 LCD monitors connected via DVI, and I never experienced this behaviour with my older nVidia card 6600GT or ATI 4870. With my 6600GT and ATI 4870, both screens would start up, and display the same image. Thanks.

rage10 09-21-08 08:22 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
seems it is also a thing with the 9600gso and 7950gt 512 agp. does it matter?

RaidenWoW 09-21-08 08:33 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rage10 (Post 1783832)
seems it is also a thing with the 9600gso and 7950gt 512 agp. does it matter?

in your signature when it says "I proudly support our troops" the smileys look like they're pretend shooting themselves in the head.

3DBrad 09-21-08 10:03 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
From what I remember, every card in the 8-series I have used only shows on screen on boot, but I think the 7-series cards I had (7800gtx, 7900gtx, 7950gx2) displayed on both, but I cannot remember 100%.

rage10 09-21-08 10:12 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
I can check, I still have the card lying around somewhere... give me a day of two.

insolublefibrin 09-21-08 10:20 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoudazo (Post 1783897)
From what I remember, every card in the 8-series I have used only shows on screen on boot, but I think the 7-series cards I had (7800gtx, 7900gtx, 7950gx2) displayed on both, but I cannot remember 100%.

Oh... Interesting, maybe its some power saving feature. My HD 4870 doesn't do that though.

insolublefibrin 09-21-08 10:22 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rage10 (Post 1783832)
seems it is also a thing with the 9600gso and 7950gt 512 agp. does it matter?

I just wanted to check to make sure its not something I need to RMA my card for. On another note, my gtx 260 makes a whining sound when Crysis loads and the EA logo and nvidia intro is shown, but its not that loud and doesn't make any sound in the 3d game itself. This is ok right?

insolublefibrin 09-21-08 10:24 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rage10 (Post 1783903)
I can check, I still have the card lying around somewhere... give me a day of two.

Oh... Thanks. =))))))))))))))))

rage10 09-22-08 07:50 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insolublefibrin (Post 1783916)
I just wanted to check to make sure its not something I need to RMA my card for. On another note, my gtx 260 makes a whining sound when Crysis loads and the EA logo and nvidia intro is shown, but its not that loud and doesn't make any sound in the 3d game itself. This is ok right?

this thred may help. It could be a regulator or something.

insolublefibrin 09-22-08 11:10 PM

Re: Strange behaviour with new nVidia GTX 260
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rage10 (Post 1784925)
this thred may help. It could be a regulator or something.

it seems its a common problem, and it isn't that loud for me anyway. Haha.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.