nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Crysis (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Some wacky issues with Crysis Warhead (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119742)

Killroy X 09-20-08 05:02 PM

Some wacky issues with Crysis Warhead

So, just installed the game and of course can't find it for a good 5 minutes.

Have to go to My computer and just start it up in the drive.

Game starts in Window mode. Every so often is starts normally, but the mouse pointer seems to be not aligned with the game. Can't click on settings buttons, just doesn't register.

So in window mode I tried to make the changes which seemed to take, but it's now always starting in Window mode. Anyone have this issue? Fix?

Thx.

MaXThReAT 09-20-08 05:24 PM

Re: Some wacky issues with Crysis Warhead

Yeah I've had this issue with both Crysis and Warhead, I have yet to find a fix. I use Alt-Enter to put it in window mode when the mouse isn't aligned and then set it back to full screen. It's faster then attempting to click on the misaligned invisible buttons. If it doesn't start full screen I just toggle it.

Killroy X 09-20-08 10:00 PM

Hey thanks, that seemed to do the job.

Now I have to worry about the multiple freezes I'm seen in the first level. Wow, Crysis never froze up on me. This one did in the first level.....uh oh.

Too early to talk about a patch?

Loreman 09-21-08 09:19 PM

Hey I was using the new Nvidia Physx package drivers when I first tried Warhead and I had a LOT of problems.

I went and downloaded the default WHQL's on the Nvidia site and all problems were gone.

Maybe try that.

XDanger 09-23-08 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killroy X (Post 1782993)
So, just installed the game and of course can't find it for a good 5 minutes.

Have to go to My computer and just start it up in the drive.

Game starts in Window mode. Every so often is starts normally, but the mouse pointer seems to be not aligned with the game. Can't click on settings buttons, just doesn't register.

So in window mode I tried to make the changes which seemed to take, but it's now always starting in Window mode. Anyone have this issue? Fix?

Thx.

I used to get that, It stopped happening ages ago though
Is your Crysis patched up?

CaptNKILL 09-23-08 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreman (Post 1783912)
Hey I was using the new Nvidia Physx package drivers when I first tried Warhead and I had a LOT of problems.

I went and downloaded the default WHQL's on the Nvidia site and all problems were gone.

Maybe try that.

Crysis doesn't use Physx so the Physx driver shouldn't matter. It was probably the video driver itself.

XDanger 09-23-08 06:50 PM

I was getting messed up triangles around the player when I change suit mode with 177.66 and very messed up triangles all over the place when using the binoculars just like I used to get in FarCry with 177.92

And they still say "Lost Contact" after they've just killed you!!! But thats not really a driver issue but a stupidity issue with Crytek.

I will try the lastest official driver tomorrow, Now I must slee

Loreman 09-23-08 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1785713)
Crysis doesn't use Physx so the Physx driver shouldn't matter. It was probably the video driver itself.

That's more or less what I meant. I only mentioned the Physx 'package' to reference the drivers I was referring to.

SH64 09-27-08 07:23 PM

Same mouse issue here + plus sometimes 3/4 the screen gets blue! wtf!

methimpikehoses 09-28-08 03:50 PM

I had some wacky shadows in the cave section... looked like the AA and HDR not playing nice.

SH64 09-28-08 08:05 PM

I think the HDR is overdone in Warhead ... much like Farcry's HDR

wizkid 09-28-08 08:23 PM

Warhead is awesome but like Crysis its not without its issues. I have loaded up a game a few times to find the enemies were suddenly invincible and I could not throw grenades or pick up new weapons. :headexplode: