nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   gtx260 core 216 (my first sli) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119807)

aceflier 09-22-08 07:46 PM

gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
I just ordered 2xEVGA core 216 from newegg.

Should be here early as wedensday maybe thursday.

I have Nhancer installed already as I own a 8800gtx. From all of you SLI guru's out there are there any tweaks/tricks as to getting SLI working in games?

If so I'd like your feedback/help would be much apreaciated. Ive read so many horror stories on SLI and such that I'm kinda nervous.:cool:

Thanks guys

hell_of_doom227 09-22-08 09:38 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Uninstall nhancer. Just install drivers and run it :D SLI works perfectly good in Crysis and STALKER, and other games.

aceflier 09-27-08 12:54 AM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227 (Post 1785045)
Uninstall nhancer. Just install drivers and run it :D SLI works perfectly good in Crysis and STALKER, and other games.

Thanks for the reply.

So far, very happy with my SLI purchase crysis warhead runs great at 1920x1080 all enthusiast but shadows mainstream.

Did I mention these things overclock like mad? Run really cool also.

702/1475/1225 got me 2k more in vantage over stock. P19,321 so far.

Not 1 problem in anygame I have played so far and have notice none of the "microstutter" that people complain about in SLI.

Haven't tried many still tweaking my system and monitoring temps/fanspeed.

Overall glad i got the 216 over the "vanilla 260's"

+EVGA rocks!!! Also glad i did not get the superclocked or the bfg oc maxcore. With these oc's im past those anyways.

I will post more as I test more games/apps/HD playback ect ect.

MikeC 09-27-08 09:17 AM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Glad you're enjoying the upgrade and thanks for the report. Are you running XP or Vista?

aceflier 09-28-08 09:39 AM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Hi Mike, I'm running win Vista 64 bit with 178.13 drivers.

bacon12 09-28-08 01:44 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
I have seen that the 216's aren't clocking as high as the old 260's, but the performance is a bit better.

Glad you like them. :thumbsup:

Vanzagar 09-28-08 02:05 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aceflier (Post 1789869)

I will post more as I test more games/apps/HD playback ect ect.

Interested in your results aceflier, please keep us posted...

BTW, what resolution are you running and what mobo you got?

Thanks,

Vanz

aceflier 09-28-08 06:05 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanzagar (Post 1791006)
Interested in your results aceflier, please keep us posted...

BTW, what resolution are you running and what mobo you got?

Thanks,

Vanz

I have evga 680i mb

FEAR
1920x1080
4XAA 16XAF (Ingame)

image shrunk for bandwidth
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9625/fearrf0.th.jpg

I'm currently having an issue getting this to stick in SLI could be a driver problem with 178's.

wizkid 09-28-08 08:19 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon12 (Post 1790991)
I have seen that the 216's aren't clocking as high as the old 260's, but the performance is a bit better.

Glad you like them. :thumbsup:


Its roughly 2 fps faster than the normal 192 shader 260 when both cards are clocked at the same frequency which is hardly worth mentioning and as you said the overclocking does not seem to be quite as good. I have my 192shader GTX 260 at 760core 1544shader and 2600mem. :)

aceflier 09-28-08 08:23 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizkid (Post 1791245)
Its roughly 2 fps faster than the normal 192 shader 260 when both cards are clocked at the same frequency which is hardly worth mentioning and as you said the overclocking does not seem to be quite as good. I have my 192shader GTX 260 at 760core 1544shader and 2600mem. :)

I didnt say this is my max oc either ;)

wizkid 09-28-08 08:28 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aceflier (Post 1791249)
I didnt say this is my max oc either ;)

No I wasnt talking about you specifically, I was just saying from what I have seen on different forums it seems like the first gen 260's do overclock a bit higher.

Why dont you go for your max Overclock and report back, would like to see what you can get.

aceflier 09-28-08 09:18 PM

Re: gtx260 core 216 (my first sli)
 
Here ya go bout as high as i want to go on my new cards :p



http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6...sionvu5.th.jpg


http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8...0471pj8.th.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.