nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NV30 pictures (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12)

SsP45 07-27-02 10:13 PM

NV30 pictures

I don't see why everyone is making a fuss about them. The fact is that they have nothing to do with the NV30. They were rendered in software using a 3D modeling program similar to 3D Studio MAX. Here's the link to the website where they pictures were taken from.

http://www.exluna.com/products/gallery.html

And yes I realize exluna is owned by Nvidia, but those pictures were on their website before they were purchased.

As you can see, each of the pictures was using different software. The motorcycle was built using Maya, Mayaman, and Entropy. The picture of the table and the picture of the pens were made using BMRT.

Kruno 07-27-02 10:40 PM

Those pics are just there to represent what the Nv30 will be able to do in realtime.

SsP45 07-27-02 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Those pics are just there to represent what the Nv30 will be able to do in realtime.
Show me the proof. As far as I'm concerned, the NV30 is vapourware until it is announced by Nvidia and review numbers are on the net.

Kruno 07-27-02 10:53 PM

Why ask me for proof? I have nothing to do with Nvidia.

SsP45 07-27-02 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Why ask me for proof? I have nothing to do with Nvidia.
No, but you are stating that those will be able to be rendered on the NV30 in realtime. I just want to know where you got that information to prove your statement.

Simply ripping off images from a website and claiming to be NV30 real-time renders isn't exactly proof to me.

Kruno 07-27-02 10:59 PM

Look around and read. Again just a reminder don't ask me for any proof. I don't work for Nvidia.

skipparoo 07-27-02 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SsP45
Show me the proof. As far as I'm concerned, the NV30 is vapourware until it is announced by Nvidia and review numbers are on the net.
Did you happen to view the recent .PDF file on nVIDIA's developer web site describing CineFX? If these specs turn out to be legitimate, and I have no doubt they are, then this will indeed be nVIDIA's greatest achievement. I mean not too long ago everyone was saying how pixel shaders are limiting because you can only allow for, what, 64 instructions? Now somehow nVIDIA has raised the bar to 1024. Same thing goes for the vertex shaders, as well as a whole lot of other functions. Those pictures are definitely not proof that the NV30 can render complex models like them in real-time, but I guarantee you it can :P

-Skippy

SsP45 07-27-02 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by skipparoo

Did you happen to view the recent .PDF file on nVIDIA's developer web site describing CineFX? If these specs turn out to be legitimate, and I have no doubt they are, then this will indeed be nVIDIA's greatest achievement. I mean not too long ago everyone was saying how pixel shaders are limiting because you can only allow for, what, 64 instructions? Now somehow nVIDIA has raised the bar to 1024. Same thing goes for the vertex shaders, as well as a whole lot of other functions. Those pictures are definitely not proof that the NV30 can render complex models like them in real-time, but I guarantee you it can :P

-Skippy

It's still vapourware. Nvidia can state anything they want on paper, but until I can hold the card in my hands talk means nothing.

mavis 07-27-02 11:15 PM

Anyway, the headline on this website's homepage clearly states that these are NV30 screenshots, when they were in fact uploaded as early as last November. (http://www.exluna.com/products/gallery/) Kind of misleading, in any case.

lol

mavis

ThorAxe 07-27-02 11:18 PM

I don't give a rats about the pictures but then I have not been overly impressed with the Radeon 9700 either. I fully expect the NV30 to be 10 - 15% faster with better quality in resolutions above 800x600.

What do I base this assessment on? Nvidia's past history and superior driver support.

Vapourware? Ummm...... No; more like end of the year ware.:cool:

mavis 07-27-02 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ThorAxe
I don't give a rats about the pictures but then I have not been overly impressed with the Radeon 9700 either. I fully expect the NV30 to be 10 - 15% faster with better quality in resolutions above 800x600.

What do I base this assessment on? Nvidia's past history and superior driver support.

Vapourware? Ummm...... No; more like end of the year ware.:cool:

hmm... So I have to assume you mean 10-15% faster than the GF4? I mean, if you're "looking at Nvidia's history" I think it would be closer to 20-30% faster than the GF4 4600, right?

lol

Anyway, have you seen any confirmed specs/release date info on the NV30 yet? Just curious.

mavis

Kruno 07-27-02 11:26 PM

You have a point there. I can play games even now with my G3 above high quality at large resolutions and have great framerate. I don't expect people telling me what looks good and what looks bad. I am very sure what I like and currently it's more than playable on latest games.