- NVIDIA Solaris
177.78 (BETA) for Solaris x64/x86 released
Changes since 177.76:
- Fixed a performance regression affecting the gtkperf lines and circles test.
- Fixed corruption when using SLI in SFR mode with OpenGL-based composite managers.
Changes since 177.70:
- Fixed a bug that caused GPU errors when applications used the X RENDER extension's repeating modes in conjunction with color-index overlays or rotation on GeForce 7 series and older GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused system hangs when using the NV-CONTROL interface to change GPU clock frequencies.
- Fixed a text rendering performance regression on GeForce 7 series and older GPUs when InitialPixmapPlacement is set to 2.
- Updated mode validation, in cases when no EDID is detected, such that 1024x768 @ 60Hz and 800x600 @ 60Hz are allowed, rather than just 640x480 @ 60Hz.
- Fixed a regression that caused the 'Auto' SLI X option setting to not enable SLI.
- Added a workaround for broken EDIDs provided by some Acer AL1512 monitors.
Changes since 177.68:
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Quadro FX 770M
- Quadro NVS 160M
- Quadro NVS 150M
- Improved support for RENDER operations with the same source
and destination; this should enhance performance in
some situations, e.g. when dragging Plasma applets in KDE4.
- Fixed a text rendering performance regression that affected
GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed a regression that caused text to be missing or
corrupt on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed a regression responsible for false negatives during
SLI video bridge detection attempts after X server
Changes between 177.67 and 177.68:
- Added support for the GeForce 9700M GTS.
- Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the
NVIDIA X driver and OpenGL implementation; this should
improve performance with e.g. the KDE4 OpenGL compositing
- Fixed a RENDER corruption bug on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused GLXBadDrawable errors to be generated
when running more than one OpenGL application with
anti-aliasing enabled on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs, e.g. wine.
- Fixed a bug that caused GPU errors when killing the X server
while an OpenGL application is running.
- Fixed a bug on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs that caused dynamic
display configuration to fail on GPUs not currently
driving an X screen.
177.67 BETA Release Highlights:
- Improved support for RENDER masks, as well as RENDER repeating modes and transformations, for video memory pixmaps.
- Added accelerated support for RENDER convolution filters for video memory pixmaps on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs.
- Added an 'AllowSHMPixmaps' X configuration option, which can be used to prevent applications from using shared memory pixmaps; the latter may cause some optimizations in the NVIDIA X driver to be disabled.
- Added support for DisplayPort display devices (including 30-bit devices).
- Resolved various stability problems on GeForce 8, 9 and GTX GPUs, as well as some GeForce 6 and 7 PCI-E GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in GPU errors when changing the TwinView display configuration while using Compiz.
- Further improved the error recovery paths taken in case of GPU command stream corruption.
- Removed an old workaround that caused incorrect fake Xinerama information to be reported after enabling a second TwinView display.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Fixed a bug that caused intermittent kernel panics when stress testing attach/detach paths.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x64/x86
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 177.78
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.