- NVIDIA FreeBSD
177.80 for FreeBSD i386 released
- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- nForce 780a SLI
- nForce 750a SLI
- Quadro FX 770M
- Quadro NVS 160M
- Quadro NVS 150M
- Improved support for RENDER masks, as well as RENDER repeating modes and transformations, for video memory pixmaps.
- Improved support for RENDER operations with the same source and destination; this should performance in some situations, e.g. when dragging Plasma applets in KDE4.
- Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the NVIDIA X driver and OpenGL implementation; this should improve performance with e.g. the KDE4 OpenGL compositing manager.
- Added an 'AllowSHMPixmaps' X configuration option, which can be used to prevent applications from using shared memory pixmaps; the latter may cause some optimizations in the NVIDIA X driver to be disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused system hangs when using the NV-CONTROL interface to change GPU clock frequencies.
- Added support for DisplayPort display devices (including 30-bit devices).
- Fixed a bug that resulted in GPU errors when changing the TwinView display configuration while using Compiz.
- Further improved the error recovery paths taken in case of GPU command stream corruption.
- Updated mode validation, in cases when no EDID is detected, such that 1024x768 @ 60Hz and 800x600 @ 60Hz are allowed, rather than just 640x480 @ 60Hz.
- Removed an old workaround that caused incorrect Xinerama information to be reported after enabling a second TwinView display.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Added a workaround for broken EDIDs provided by some Acer AL1512 monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the kernel module to fail building against some FreeBSD kernels.
- Fixed a bug that caused the kernel module to fail building with FreeBSD AGPGART support enabled.
- Resolved an event-handling bug in the X driver responsible for X server crashes upon starting a windowed OpenGL application while using Compiz.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 177.80
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch http://us.download.nvidia.com/freebs...-177.80.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-177.80.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 177.80
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.