nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   "So called" cheating writeup (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12126)

bkswaney 05-20-03 07:16 AM

"So called" cheating writeup

http://www.elitebastards.com/page.ph...d=1&comments=1

Very good writeup. He makes some good points. :)

Sazar 05-20-03 07:36 AM

Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:

Originally posted by bkswaney

www.nvnews.net homepage...

check first article up there :)

concerning his write-up... there are some fundamental flaws... :)

he makes interesting points BUT...

the writer it plainly implying that ET was fed information by ati and we know that ET worked with B3d who happen to have access to the developer version of 3dmark03... it is ridiculous to sit there and say nvidia did this so ati did that... which is the clear implication of the article...

IMO yes the article raises points that are interesting but the point remains that there is something deliberate occuring here...

the 3dmark2001 SE problem is NOT comparable since there is no clippin pane issue... and it is OBVIOUSLY a bug :)

frankly I can't recall anyone saying the nv35 is a bad card... or that it can't perform well in benchmarks... BUT looking @ the photographic evidence provided... and the fact that the nv35 was NOT singled out solely in terms of receiving a boost I can't understand what the guy who wrote the article is really on about..

I guess I will have to sit and wait for digi to come here and explain what's going on and his colleagues train of thought here :)

edit - just one thing else I wanted to add.. the lack of mention concerning precision et al on the FX gpu's concerning 3dmark03 ie lowering precision to raise scores and now seeing the same benchmark appearing to be running @ full precision w/o loss of score...

zakelwe 05-20-03 07:39 AM

Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:

I swing my trenching spade off my shoulder and pushed the end into the hard ground, casting a furtive look over my left shoulder as I did so.

In the far distance I could just make out the massed ranks of the advancing Fanatics, the soft dirge of their annoyed chanting being carried on the soft summer wind as they prepared to attack again.

" Why did BK have to draw attention to us again " whispered Karen, the tall slim tanned brunette who stood by myside.

" Hmm " ,I just grunted back, " I'd advise you did as you did last time and take your panties off to stuff in your ears. It's the only thing that will block out their tired old ramblings ".

Suddenly my throat had become very dry.

I continued to dig my trench.

bkswaney 05-20-03 07:56 AM

Re: Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:

Originally posted by zakelwe
I swing my trenching spade off my shoulder and pushed the end into the hard ground, casting a furtive look over my left shoulder as I did so.

In the far distance I could just make out the massed ranks of the advancing Fanatics, the soft dirge of their annoyed chanting being carried on the soft summer wind as they prepared to attack again.

" Why did BK have to draw attention to us again " whispered Karen, the tall slim tanned brunette who stood by myside.

" Hmm " ,I just grunted back, " I'd advise you did as you did last time and take your panties off to stuff in your ears. It's the only thing that will block out their tired old ramblings ".

Suddenly my throat had become very dry.

I continued to dig my trench.

hehehe :D :angel2:

zakelwe 05-20-03 08:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: "So called" cheating writeup

Quote:

hehehe :D :angel2:
:)

It is a bit like we are under seige at present, luckily we are all strong, brave and good looking .

Regards

Andy

SurfMonkey 05-20-03 09:17 AM

The pounding hordes of fanatics will decend upon this thread like vultures to a three day old wilderbeast corpse. And they'll make every effort to leave it picked clean and devoid of any flesh or substance.

And the reason for that is because it concerns an article that views the debate from the, *gasp!*, other side. Yep, you heard right. It doesn't tow the party line and because of that it must be a pack of lies and mis-truths. Half baked suppostition and tales of terror to scare the children of the red revolution with...

Well let them come, if they are so unsure of their current position of superiority that they have defend themselves all the time we haven't anything to worry about. They will collapse under the weight of their collective paranoia without any help from us.

nVidi0t 05-20-03 09:27 AM

Nice Read http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

digitalwanderer 05-20-03 09:39 AM

nVidia=CHEESEBALLS!

Next time you feel like getting back to me nVidia, why don't you get back to me instead of hassling me friends? I won't bite, I'll just tear your head off and sh!t down your neck...in a video card arguing kind of way. :mad:

You REALLY pissed me off with this one, really. It's went from a mild interest to a personal issue...real personal.

I'm no longer with EliteBastards anymore nVidia, you can't come at me thru them again. (Well, you can if you want...but it won't do you any good.)

Try the same e-dress as me EliteBastards one but make the end bit sbcglobal.net if you want to reach me...try hassling one of me friends again to get to me and I will make you regret the day you ever saw a computer. :mad:

I am NOT impressed with your backroom strong arming, and I ain't bending over for you. :mad:

mbvgp 05-20-03 10:17 AM

Dig I hope you were being sarcastic since if you are thinking that nvidia will bend over backwards for you you must be living in a dreamworld :p Especially since you are no longer with elitebastards ;).

Quote:

the 3dmark2001 SE problem is NOT comparable since there is no clippin pane issue... and it is OBVIOUSLY a bug
I have 44.03 drivers and a GF4Ti 4600 and I should have it according to 3dchips.fr. But I ran the game with settings at quality and 4xAA, 8xAF and I can see the dragon...no problems. Seems like something is wrong with 3dchips system ...

Gar 05-20-03 10:20 AM

Considering the responses over at B3D I wouldn't put to much stock into that article.

digitalwanderer 05-20-03 10:25 AM

I am SO disgusted/angry with nVidia and their tactics right now that I'm afraid to rant anymore.

I'm not happy with nVidia at all, and I'm even less so impressed by them.

BTW-Mr.Burke? Did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard back from you yet...... :mad:

Hanners 05-20-03 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mbvgp
Dig I hope you were being sarcastic since if you are thinking that nvidia will bend over backwards for you you must be living in a dreamworld :p Especially since you are no longer with elitebastards ;).
This isn't dig being sarcastic, sorry to say. :(