nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Other Desktop Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   R9700 Pro at Gamestop for 320 dollars AFTER 20 percent off (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1214)

CainSyris 08-27-02 11:13 PM

R9700 Pro at Gamestop for 320 dollars AFTER 20 percent off

I hope that you forgive my newness to *starting* threads because I don't typically like to.

But as I don't see any thread here on this subject and I think maybe the moderators can tolerate the somewhat off the topicness (not really about the card, more about a deal), you can go to Gamestop.com to see they are having a deal right now, NOW, and only a few hours more, that gives you 20 percent off all accessories, for PC or console.

And they just got a stock of R9700 Pro's in. That's right, 80 dollars off that brand new 400 dollar video card, boyos.

Saw this over at Rage3d, btw. Give credit where credit is due and all.

That 20 percent off may be good for other things, too, but I didn't really look.

If you don't care, then okie dokie. But I just thought since no one seems to have noticed it, I should mention it. And I again apologize if this is in the wrong place.

EDIT:

And if you really love this deal, thank VoodooNinja from Rage3d forums for it because he saw it first and put it there and I saw it there. ;) For me, it was too tempting to let go by. Saw the deals for the Ti4600 go by, saw those deals for the R8500 go by last year. Couldn't let it go by again. ;) I think Overnight shipping is even a steal there, really.

VoodooNinja 08-28-02 01:06 AM

I'm actually a member here but haven't posted since the server was hacked. Yea it's a good deal. $334 includes overnight shipping. I hope it ships tomorrow but if there is a day or two delay it's still a bargain. There is only 10 hours left on the 20% off deal.

sbp 08-28-02 04:36 AM

Great deal :)

Megatron 08-28-02 07:57 AM

I missed out on that deal.:(

I kept looking at the page, my trigger finger wanted to click..but i just had remembered all last years 8500 letdowns with places not REALLY having them in stock. Then i saw a thread that said Mwave had moved their date back on the 9700...and I just didnt have the confidence that Gamespot wouldnt do the same thing.

Oh well..as soon as i see it on a shelf Ill grab it. Although saving the 80 bucks you did is an incredible deal. Hope you like that card CainSyris. ATI wont let ya down.:)

CainSyris 08-28-02 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megatron
I missed out on that deal.:(

I kept looking at the page, my trigger finger wanted to click..but i just had remembered all last years 8500 letdowns with places not REALLY having them in stock. Then i saw a thread that said Mwave had moved their date back on the 9700...and I just didnt have the confidence that Gamespot wouldnt do the same thing.

Oh well..as soon as i see it on a shelf Ill grab it. Although saving the 80 bucks you did is an incredible deal. Hope you like that card CainSyris. ATI wont let ya down.:)

Prophetic. Just so you won't feel too terribly bad:

--

Unfortunately, we have just been informed, that we do not have any stock
available at this time. All orders that have been placed for this item
recently will still be filled. However, we do not have an estimated date
as to when we will be receiving this item into our warehouse from the
manufacturer. Therefore, any customers that would like to wait for this
item may keep their order pending and await the next shipment. If any
customer with an order does not want to await our next shipment, a
cancellation request must be sent to this e mail address. We apologize
for any inconvenience. We appreciate your time and business.

Thanks and have a great day!

Your, Gamestop! Customer Service Agent, Janet
www.gamestop.com <http://www.gamestop.com/>

--

Still, I'm going to keep the order for a while longer and hope they get it sooner rather than later and that most of the others go ahead and pay full price and cancel their orders like GS wants them to. ;) Yes, like Dell. But I won't wait nearly that long before canceling. I'm patient; but not THAT patient.

Megatron 08-28-02 07:46 PM

I hear ya. I just read a bunch of the threads at Rage 3d about that too.:(

I saw another thread that said they were also being offered by ATI themselves at their online store, so I did just order it from there. I figure if ATI themselves put it for sale on their site...they just HAVE to have it in stock hehe. But who knows, maybe that will burn me.
I paid for the Express shipping which is 20 bucks, but since theres no tax on it..it works out to be a little less than if i walked into a store and bought it...and this way i can stop calling shops here and pissing people off lol.Still not the sweet deal that you and others have from gamestop, but oh well. Just want the hardware.
:)

CainSyris 08-28-02 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megatron
I hear ya. I just read a bunch of the threads at Rage 3d about that too.:(

I saw another thread that said they were also being offered by ATI themselves at their online store, so I did just order it from there. I figure if ATI themselves put it for sale on their site...they just HAVE to have it in stock hehe. But who knows, maybe that will burn me.
I paid for the Express shipping which is 20 bucks, but since theres no tax on it..it works out to be a little less than if i walked into a store and bought it...and this way i can stop calling shops here and pissing people off lol.Still not the sweet deal that you and others have from gamestop, but oh well. Just want the hardware.
:)

Then it would seem we will all be in a similar boat soon enough. ;)

CainSyris 08-31-02 01:34 AM

Update as of 8/31/02:

> Dear GameStop customer,
> In regards to your recent order of the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AGP we
> are unfortunately unable to fulfill the order. Our accessory promotion
> that ran August 27th through August 28th brought in many more orders than
> anticipated and we have depleted the inventory allocated to us.
> We sincerely apologize for this disappointing news but hope you will
> shop with us again and have provided a $25 coupon that you can use on any
> purchase, excluding video game consoles and bundles, at GameStop.com.

> Thank you,
> GameStop.com

An interesting diversion anyway. ;) I wonder if Gamestop expects me to shop with them again? I certainly hope they are not that foolish when ebgames is cheaper in nearly every case where I might order from them anyway. Ah well. A nice go at it.

nin_fragile14 08-31-02 01:52 AM

So they just gave you your money back and a 25 dollar gift card? That kind of sucks. But big surprise, these hot deals on the internet always, ALWAYS seem to fall through.

SlyBoots 08-31-02 02:32 AM

mine showed up this afternoon:)

Wolfie 08-31-02 08:47 AM

mwave has white box version for $339
as of 8:48 a.m. 8-31-02:D

wolfie

Megatron 08-31-02 05:07 PM

Well mine from ATI has shipped, and will be here Tuesday, according to tracking info.

Kind of let down though that itll be here right AFTER the long weekend lol.