nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Syndicate sequel in the works!?! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121405)

CaptNKILL 10-18-08 05:46 AM

Syndicate sequel in the works!?!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42...emake#comments

Apparently Starbreeze is working on a new game in the Syndicate universe! :eek:

The only game of theirs I have played is Chronicles of Riddick, but that was fantastic and is one of the best PC action games I've played in recent years, despite being an Xbox port. I think these guys could actually do this game justice.

Its about damned time. :D

Lfctony 10-18-08 06:15 AM

Re: Syndicate sequel in the works!?!

I'd love to see a new Syndicate game. Good news indeed. :)

CaptNKILL 10-18-08 06:31 AM

I hate to say I never had a chance to play the original, but I did play Syndicate Wars a bit in the 90s. I bought it again a few years ago too.

What an incredibly hard game though. I think you actually have to use cheats to beat it. :p

I remember seeing the box for Syndicate on 3DO back in the early 90s too. My brother's friend had it and loved it then.

NarcissistZero 10-18-08 08:59 AM

I loved the original Syndicate... I was pretty young when I played it, so the memory is foggy, but I remember sitting in front of my PC and going at it for hours at a time. I also remember constantly watching the opening cinematics and such, because they were so cool. It might honestly be the root of my love for cyberpunk.

Starbreeze is an excellent studio... Chronicles of Rid**** was amazing, as was The Darkness. I have heard neither sold extremely well, which is a shame because both games were AAA titles for me and on my favorite games list. I look forward to what they can do with Syndicate.

I also look forward to their massive Chronicles of Rid**** update, if they ever release the damn thing.

Lfctony 10-18-08 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1812553)
I hate to say I never had a chance to play the original, but I did play Syndicate Wars a bit in the 90s. I bought it again a few years ago too.

What an incredibly hard game though. I think you actually have to use cheats to beat it. :p

I remember seeing the box for Syndicate on 3DO back in the early 90s too. My brother's friend had it and loved it then.

Wars was not the best of games. The original Syndicate was a much better game. :) I run it through DosBox, great game.

Lfctony 10-18-08 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 1812666)
I loved the original Syndicate... I was pretty young when I played it, so the memory is foggy, but I remember sitting in front of my PC and going at it for hours at a time. I also remember constantly watching the opening cinematics and such, because they were so cool. It might honestly be the root of my love for cyberpunk.

Starbreeze is an excellent studio... Chronicles of Rid**** was amazing, as was The Darkness. I have heard neither sold extremely well, which is a shame because both games were AAA titles for me and on my favorite games list. I look forward to what they can do with Syndicate.

I also look forward to their massive Chronicles of Rid**** update, if they ever release the damn thing.

Captnkill's **** is not censored!!! :thumbdwn: Mine and yours are! :p

LT.Schaffer 10-18-08 11:08 AM

Awesome:D

I loved Syndicate:)

I hope they put in the "Persuadeatron" right spelling???

zoomy942 10-18-08 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1812553)

man i remember that game on 3do. my neighbor and i used to play it for hours at a time.

haha and yeah, cheating was required to actually accomplish anything

qube 10-18-08 12:00 PM

i loved syndicate wars played it on ps1 it was hard but fun

jAkUp 10-18-08 12:51 PM

Yes, Chronicles of Riddick was a great game :D

LordJuanlo 10-20-08 03:24 AM

Syndicate as a very good game, one of the first to offer more than 320x200 resolution I think, graphics were beautiful, I got addicted to this game, I was pretty young too

Zeus666 10-20-08 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lfctony (Post 1812669)
Captnkill's **** is not censored!!! :thumbdwn: Mine and yours are! :p

the moderator's power :D

nice movie too the Chronicles of Ridd1ck !