nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   GPU with TXT support? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122137)

UIUC-Bergman 10-29-08 05:53 PM

GPU with TXT support?

I posted this in the Linux section, but that was probably the wrong section, so I'll repost this here. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Quote:

Hi there,

I have an Intel processor that has the Trusted Execution Technology (LaGrande). I was hoping someone would be able to tell me a graphics card that supports TXT. It doesn't have to be enabled... the support just has to be there. I need this card because we are doing research to actually enable such a pairing.

There are supposedly cards that can route their data through the TXT as opposed to conventional channels in order to provide a secure graphics channel. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any cards that have actually shipped with this feature (enabled or otherwise). Our hope with this research is to actually enable this channel so that it can actually be used securely.

Thank you,
David

AthlonXP1800 11-01-08 05:36 PM

Re: GPU with TXT support?

:wtf: :confused: :wonder:

UIUC-Bergman 11-06-08 01:04 PM

I don't get your response :-/

SLippe 11-06-08 02:46 PM

kevpla?

Bman212121 11-06-08 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLippe (Post 1836509)
kevpla?

No.

@UIUC-Bergman: You definitely have your best chances of getting a response in the Linux forum if it is Linux related. Zander and AaronP both work for Nvidia, so they would be the most likely to know. You could try sending a PM to either of them.

UIUC-Bergman 11-10-08 10:31 PM

Thanks a bunch, Bman :) I will definitely send the two of them a PM and hopefully they will know [edit, sent it to Zander, but AaronP doesn't accept PMs :(] - I'd love to make some headway on this project.

As for the kevpla remark... I'm slightly offended, but I realize my post probably sounded like nonsense.

Runningman 11-11-08 12:31 AM

Isnt Trusted Execution Technology a function of the CPU and not one of the GPU?

AthlonXP1800 11-11-08 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 1841106)

Yeah it for Intel CPUs.

rage10 11-12-08 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UIUC-Bergman (Post 1841020)
As for the kevpla remark... I'm slightly offended, but I realize my post probably sounded like nonsense.

Ignore it. It's a forum joke.

UIUC-Bergman 11-14-08 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runningman (Post 1841106)

Yes, it is. We want to leverage this technology as a secure channel for graphics (so applications cannot spy on other applications, for instance). It has already been done for VMs and a few other things, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility. In fact, GPUs have been designed with this in mind - we just can't figure out if any have actually been released or not yet.

Zelda_fan 11-14-08 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 (Post 1830706)
:wtf: :confused: :wonder:

rofl is AthlonXP is saying "wtf" you know this **** is way out in left field.

rage10 11-15-08 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UIUC-Bergman (Post 1845371)
Yes, it is. We want to leverage this technology as a secure channel for graphics (so applications cannot spy on other applications, for instance). It has already been done for VMs and a few other things, so this isn't out of the realm of possibility. In fact, GPUs have been designed with this in mind - we just can't figure out if any have actually been released or not yet.

contact nvidea or ati.