nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Console World (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ***Official Gears of War 2 Thread*** (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122628)

EciDemon 11-07-08 02:45 AM

***Official Gears of War 2 Thread***

Release today!

I asked my brother to go pick it up today while I'm at work so it's still a few hours away.
Will give my impressions on coop once we have played it.

I do hope the campaign is longer then in the first game

JaylumX 11-07-08 04:49 AM

Re: Gears of War 2 Official Thread

I can't wait. I have a long weekedn (I have Monday off) so i'm gonna put this game through its paces. Like the first one, i'm gonna start on the highest difficulty available (yes i like punishment). Can't wait as i still have 6 more hours of work.

EciDemon 11-07-08 04:53 AM

3 more hours for me *lol*
I'm also going with the hardest available difficulty, I bet there's an insane mode to unlock too :)

Still no one with the game to share some thoughts?

kev13dd 11-07-08 05:31 AM

I really liked Gears 1, and the multiplayer was fun, but after a singleplayer run through and a COOP play through it never really did much except sit in my pile of games

I'm hoping Gears 2 will be different. I pre-ordered it through CC with the "free 1600 MS points" deal. Feel like I'm getting the game for $40! Just gotta wait a week to get it =(

K

NaitoSan 11-07-08 11:01 AM

I'm expecting it next week. :( But I'm keeping myself busy playing The Darkness. Man, what a great game.

Buenamos 11-07-08 11:37 AM

This game is amazing. Played through the campaign on hard and absolutely loved it. Actually, I'll take that back. There was one or two missions towards the end that I wasn't much of a fan of but I don't want to spoil anything. And those missions are hardly negligible in comparison to how good the rest of the game was.

BTW, this game easily has some of the most incredible graphics I've ever seen in a game. The game is just littered with spectacular artwork around every single corner. It's simply stunning.

JaylumX 11-07-08 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buenamos (Post 1837699)
This game is amazing. Played through the campaign on hard and absolutely loved it. Actually, I'll take that back. There was one or two missions towards the end that I wasn't much of a fan of but I don't want to spoil anything. And those missions are hardly negligible in comparison to how good the rest of the game was.

BTW, this game easily has some of the most incredible graphics I've ever seen in a game. The game is just littered with spectacular artwork around every single corner. It's simply stunning.

That is good to hear. I'm home from work and my copy of the game ready for me to rumble. Good thing to cause i completed Uncharted on the PS3 a couple of day ago....just in time huh.

Lyme 11-07-08 12:06 PM

Bought it last night, going to give it a go in a bit.

ClosetFanBoy 11-07-08 01:48 PM

Gotta wait till the end of the month to get this. :( Just blazed a bunch of money on this cash cow PC...

Cant wait tho, one of THEE most anticipated games for me in a long time. ;)

JaylumX 11-07-08 02:31 PM

Anyone notice how Don looks like Cliffy B...even down to the dodgy earring on the right ear. Was that intentional i wonder?

Ardoreal 11-07-08 05:40 PM

Campaign is way longer in this one. Vehicle section is also way better too. Centaur pwnz.

Lyme 11-09-08 01:52 AM

Great single player game, much better story than Gow1. Graphics were really good with very few issues. Only a few non game breaking bugs. I liked the few new creatures, and the *ahem* vehicle parts were really cool, and more than just motorized stuff.

note: there is a very small teaser at the end of the credits for the final episode in the trilogy.