nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will Tom's, Anand, [H], etc., run with this story? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12297)

OICAspork 05-23-03 05:51 PM

Will Tom's, Anand, [H], etc... run with this story...

or will NVidia flex its muscle enough to keep it off their front pages... I think [H] is screwed either way after their earlier mudslinging towards extremetech... an apology is in order from Kyle... but what about Tom's and Anand? Will they buckle under NVidia's pressure... or will they stand up to it... given the clout they, themselves carry. I really hope they don't buckle... I guess we'll see soon...

Hmm... I just checked the two sites News pages... currently no mention at Anand... and only a very tip-toed message on Tom's... neither site has any info on their front pages as of yet.

reever2 05-23-03 05:55 PM

Hard will probably, but Brent has said Kyle doesnt need an apology since everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Anand and Tom probably wont, since they seem to act as if this thing never happened, the extremetech article was never mentioned on both of their sites

jAkUp 05-23-03 05:56 PM

well hardocp has it up... and anandtech has nothing...

vampireuk 05-23-03 06:13 PM

I'm kind of curious as to why Rage have not posted about the ati "cheating" bit...

legion88 05-23-03 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
I'm kind of curious as to why Rage have not posted about the ati "cheating" bit...
Because they are busy writing up editorials saying that any ATI cheat is a "bug".

Spiritwalker 05-23-03 06:16 PM

Toms already has a blurb up on it. In it he states that Lars will be testing the 2 cards with the new patch.

Grrrpoop 05-23-03 06:20 PM

Quote:

Probably for the same reason Hard had a very vague topic description which basically said "3Dmark is crap, so who cares?" on the front page until enough ppl b*tched about it on their forums. :p

gordon151 05-23-03 06:22 PM

Re: Will Tom's, Anand, [H], etc... run with this story...

Quote:

Originally posted by OICAspork
or will NVidia flex its muscle enough to keep it off their front pages... I think [H] is screwed either way after their earlier mudslinging towards extremetech... an apology is in order from Kyle... but what about Tom's and Anand? Will they buckle under NVidia's pressure... or will they stand up to it... given the clout they, themselves carry. I really hope they don't buckle... I guess we'll see soon...

Hmm... I just checked the two sites News pages... currently no mention at Anand... and only a very tip-toed message on Tom's... neither site has any info on their front pages as of yet.

HardOCP had said something along the lines of Futuremark accuses Nvidia of cheating and then next commented that this only proves to invalidate the end complete 3DMark03 score. They have since removed that news post though. Probably came under fire from people asking why they said nothing on behalf of Nvidia and then made a cheap shot at Futuremark :p.

Spiritwalker 05-23-03 06:26 PM

after about an hour or so Steve changed the wording of his post.

zakelwe 05-23-03 06:44 PM

Anand will comment on it but probably in a future piece, either on the new build or on a new card.

He hardly ever comments on things like this as " a journalistic piece " but normally as a look backwards statement.

If nVidia/Ati let off a nuclear device then his next writeup would be :-

" After the public relations fallout from the nuclear device explosion, nVidia/Ati have bounced back with the AIW 5900 Ultra Pro RV, this card .."

And he wouldn't even get his own fallout pun :D

I like the guy.

Regards

Andy

Kombatant 05-23-03 06:46 PM

Quote:

Rage3D was officially slashdotted today, the whole internet linked to its Dawn screenies, so there you have it :)

edit: Officially slashdotted = linked by Slashdot, the only way to get the true effect :D

OICAspork 05-23-03 06:55 PM

LOL, I wish I'd seen that [H]ard thing before it was pulled... is it still up and reworded? If so, please link to it... o.o; I didn't see it myself... Also Tom's has a little more of a blurb on it now... following the official comments by both ATI and NVidia... but again they are only sideboard articles... I look forward to Lars' updated review... and to see his comments on the issue.

Also... vampireuk (XD I know another UK 'vampire'... with the hand darkprophetUK btw)... it is misleading to say ATI cheated at this point... they have released a statement saying that they did not change the code output at all... and are removing the content from future drivers... I'd still like to see Futuremark's view on what they did... but at any rate they have been MUCH more frank about this than NVidia.