nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Do you need to install the separate PhysX drivers still? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123383)

Pixelsmack 11-19-08 07:44 PM

Do you need to install the separate PhysX drivers still?

With the new WHQL 180 drivers and that native support switch...I was wondering if the nvidia drivers now include the drivers? Can I uninstall the old PhysX pack some games installed?

Redeemed 11-19-08 07:50 PM

Re: Do you need to install the separate PhysX drivers still?

I wouldn't uninstall the PhysX packs, but I do believe the new drivers include everything necessary- so theoretically you should be able to remove the old PhysX stuff if you wanted to.

BTW- what's it like to smack a pixel? :D

SLippe 11-20-08 08:23 AM

I was kind of wondering this as well. I noticed Medal of Honor Airborne installs the older Physx package/drivers and I couldn't tell it no at the beginning or it wouldn't install. Stupid. Can I uninstall it now and just keep what nvidia installs?

nekrosoft13 11-20-08 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixelsmack (Post 1850202)
With the new WHQL 180 drivers and that native support switch...I was wondering if the nvidia drivers now include the drivers? Can I uninstall the old PhysX pack some games installed?

you most likelly noticed that that about two months ago driver size jumped from about 50-60mb to 90-100mb.

reason behind that is because they added the physx package inside. Physx driver is still seperate (even in 180 series), it just installs silently when you install graphics driver.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/atta...1&d=1227191540

Blacklash 11-20-08 06:20 PM

I uninstall nVidia PhysX when I am changing to a new driver. That way if there is a newer version in the latest driver it installs. As another said, it should do it silently for you.

I don't use older physics drivers that come with games. I uninstall them after the game forces them on my system.

I haven't had any issues with just using nVidia PhysX.

SLippe 11-20-08 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacklash (Post 1851339)
I uninstall nVidia PhysX when I am changing to a new driver. That way if there is a newer version in the latest driver it installs. As another said, it should do it silently for you.

I don't use older physics drivers that come with games. I uninstall them after the game forces them on my system.

I haven't had any issues with just using nVidia PhysX.

That answers my question. Thanks. :)

hell_of_doom227 11-20-08 09:05 PM

Create image from your DVD game. Open it with PowerISO and remove DirectX, Physics, .NET framework and other software idiots from game industry thought they need to install along with your game. Save image, mount it and install game. Since those installs don't exist it will just skip that process.

WTF is wrong with Ubisoft to have .net framework 2.0, those morons should ****ing know that Vista comes with it along with Windows XP SP3.

Eliminator 11-20-08 09:39 PM

hah i know what you mean... i have like 3 copies of visual C++ redist that show up in add/remove because of stupid games that keep installing it

nekrosoft13 11-21-08 07:21 AM

visual C++ redist, you just need the latest version 2008 SP1.

Nero also always installs 2005 redist.