nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123668)

Delbert 11-25-08 02:18 AM

BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...10617&Itemid=1
Can anybody confirm is this is also available in the UK.
Have an AGP 6800GT OC... upgrade to 9600GT OC for free is not something i could pass up. ( Asrock AGP/PCIe motherboard in sapre PC FTW ).

AthlonXP1800 11-25-08 03:45 AM

Re: BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
I dont know whether it is available to UK BFG owners, I found the BFG AGP upgrade page here so no mention of terms and conditions but it worth a try login or register it to find out. :)

http://www.bfgtech.com/freeupgrade.aspx

iflop 11-25-08 04:28 AM

Re: BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 (Post 1855239)
I dont know whether it is available to UK BFG owners, I found the BFG AGP upgrade page here so no mention of terms and conditions but it worth a try login or register it to find out. :)

http://www.bfgtech.com/freeupgrade.aspx

says "Offer good for U.S. customers only" on that page. I wonder why they're doing it though.

Dreamweavernoob 11-25-08 05:04 AM

Re: BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iflop (Post 1855258)
says "Offer good for U.S. customers only" on that page. I wonder why they're doing it though.

they ran out of AGP cards and are trying to get some good PR out of the fact that they are screwed if people ask for AGP?

iflop 11-25-08 06:24 AM

Re: BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob (Post 1855272)
they ran out of AGP cards and are trying to get some good PR out of the fact that they are screwed if people ask for AGP?

Better than nothing I guess but this would force people to upgrade their CPU/MOBO.

Delbert 11-25-08 06:25 AM

Re: BFG - AGP to PCie upgrade for free
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iflop (Post 1855258)
says "Offer good for U.S. customers only" on that page. I wonder why they're doing it though.

darn... missed that bit.:thumbdwn:
Hope the extend it to the rest of us. 9600GT as a physx card would be just the ticket...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.