nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   GTX260 in the mail (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123922)

ATi 11-30-08 02:55 PM

GTX260 in the mail
 
So a gtx260 should be here tomorrow do i just uninstall ForceWare 180.70 and run driver sweeper in safemode?What drivers whould you guys recommend?GeForce v180.48 ???

lumpyhed 11-30-08 03:04 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
i personally uninstalled my forcewares, rebooted with the 8800 still in so i got basic vga drivers then shutdown and got the new card in, installed the current drivers and i was away playing (lee63)

*edit* i notice you currently have an ATI so my advice probably aint that ideal for ya :(

ATi 11-30-08 03:07 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpyhed (Post 1859599)
i personally uninstalled my forcewares, rebooted with the 8800 still in so i got basic vga drivers then shutdown and got the new card in, installed the current drivers and i was away playing (lee63)

*edit* i notice you currently have an ATI so my advice probably aint that ideal for ya :(

I don't have my ati card it died:(I'm using a 8800gts right now can't wait for the GTX260(nana2)

MaxFX 11-30-08 04:44 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
Well as you have an nVidia card right now I think it's pretty safe just to do what you said but I allways do a fresh install to be safe and to get it totaly clean as a new start just feels nice :)

Just test it out I think it wont be a prob as you have nVidia card/ Forsware drivers right now!

jcossin 11-30-08 10:38 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
Heh heh, I have a GTX 260 core 216 coming too. I sold my 4870 x2 on eBay so it should be fun to play with nVidia again for awhile until the next wave of new cards hit...

I got my 260 core 216 for $145 after Microsoft 30% instant cash back on eBay and a 20% off coupon I had. Not bad!

ATi 11-30-08 11:24 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcossin (Post 1859971)
Heh heh, I have a GTX 260 core 216 coming too. I sold my 4870 x2 on eBay so it should be fun to play with nVidia again for awhile until the next wave of new cards hit...

I got my 260 core 216 for $145 after Microsoft 30% instant cash back on eBay and a 20% off coupon I had. Not bad!

Now thats a great deal!:thumbsup:

tejas 12-02-08 01:53 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
hey there. I too have given up on ATI in disgust and gone "home" to Nvidia. I had fond memories of my 7800GTX!

Am currently in the process of selling my both 4870's (512mb's) and should be getting the XFX GTX260 (216) Black Edition tomorrow morning.

The amount of stress and angst, that having an ATI Crossfire setup involves means that going for Nvidia is a really easy choice. I don't care what anybody says... the 4870X2 cannot and should not be compared to the GTX 260 or 280.

Without CFX profiles, there is no scaling and both GTX's can rape a single 4870. Remember that ATI take almost 3 months to get a Crossfire profile for a game.

As far as I am concerned Nvidia are going to be the choice of proper gamers for a while as can be evidenced by users such as ourselves who gave ATI the benefit only to slapped in the face by ATI/AMD.

I really hope that Nvidia can make ATI bleed when 40nm transition occurs next year. My two cents and to all Nvidia users!!! Enjoy your GPUS!!! :captnkill:

nekrosoft13 12-02-08 02:16 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
haha, nice to so another user realizing how "nice" ati drivers are.

pkirby11 12-02-08 08:51 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
I can say I still enjoy ATI, sorry but they make good cards and they add the needed competition. That being said, enjoy the XFX I got mine last Wednesday and I've not been happier. Enjoy guys!

Tr1cK 12-02-08 09:06 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
My 4850 works well. My only issue is with Aero and my driver reseting. The performance is real good, I think I could just use some more.

Jas28 12-02-08 09:44 PM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas (Post 1861734)


I really hope that Nvidia can make ATI bleed when 40nm transition occurs next year. My two cents and to all Nvidia users!!! Enjoy your GPUS!!! :captnkill:

No you dont :P The only reason the 260 and 280 are as cheap as they are is because of ATi! If ATi didnt come out with the 4850/4870 the 260's would be $400 and the 280's would be $650! Trust me...ATi's drivers suck! They have a lot of work to do. Personally, I hope both come out with great cards.

Tr1cK 12-03-08 06:50 AM

Re: GTX260 in the mail
 
I think the consensus is that ATI drivers suck for new games when using crossfire. Single card works fine for me and most everyone else I have seen. The few issues I've seen with single card setups are RMAs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.