nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   irc-disapointment (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12467)

willhse 05-27-03 03:02 PM

irc-disapointment

loged on as instructed , found i was in the wrong channel , directed to a "dead channel", #nvidia.

volt 05-27-03 03:12 PM

Works fine here.
Try brunner.freenode.net
/join #nvnews

:)

Kruno 05-27-03 08:43 PM

can ne 1 gimme an irc client that is freeware? thanks.

volt 05-27-03 08:44 PM

www.mirc.com

willhse 05-28-03 07:38 AM

irc

what i ment was, the people there were stuffy and unhelpfull, was told the help channel was #nvida. went there and there was no one there with any statise. lots of users and no answeres, thanks

volt 05-28-03 09:46 AM

If you are looking for an answer to a linux question, then #nvidia is the way to go.

Sazar 05-28-03 09:55 AM

Re: irc

Quote:

Originally posted by willhse
what i ment was, the people there were stuffy and unhelpfull, was told the help channel was #nvida. went there and there was no one there with any statise. lots of users and no answeres, thanks
you came on yesterday asking questions that neither myself nor MUYA knew about... hence muya directed you to a channel he felt knew more on the topic than us...

there was no harm intended but @ the time there was no one in the #nvnews channel who could have helped you... #nvidia was the way to go...

MUYA 05-28-03 10:50 AM

Re: irc

Quote:

Originally posted by willhse
As Sazar said, I myself know nothing about Linux and nobody in the channel (at the time you came in), knew linux. Well Dibbler knows little but he was away working. Volt wasn't there either. That is why I suggested to you to them other channels, of which #nvidia on that network is also a linux help channel.

Now i know on #nvidia they can a bit l33tist. But #nvnews????
Just because we couldn't help doesn't mean we were stuffy and unhelpfull, just we didn't know. I mean we gave you other channel names? If we could not help because we don't know anythin, that is what it exactly means, we could not help.
We might also be browsing at the same time, writing/reading emails, chatting in other irc networks so thats why it may seem to you that we were supposedly "stuffy". Please do not judge us by one visit.

As for others, they are mostly window users and 99.9% of the time, they stay idle.

Regards
MUYA

styles-T 05-28-03 03:18 PM

nvnews also has a great linux forum..if you do a search/post im sure you'll find your answer..

willhse 05-29-03 11:12 AM

irc

the forums are great, i've found lots of helpfull information.

poursoul 05-29-03 05:53 PM

OMFG! MUYA posted again!!!

hey... how's it going?