nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I know the mods here have it rough.... (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12496)

PreservedSwine 05-27-03 07:43 PM

I know the mods here have it rough....

But locking threads in the FEEDBACK forum?

For what it's worth, if this site becomes too strict in overzealous enforcement of rules, keeping a tiny perspective, and bannishment of those who disagree, it could become a very lonely place. It's only a video card, right? DO you really have loyalty to computer hardware? Maybe I'm missing something here, but it's just hardware...and to deny a companies wrongdoing, or worse yet, rationalize poor and shady business practices b/c of that, and this site won't be a very fun place to visit, filled w/ nothing but mind-numbing drones.

I hate to say it, but HB was right. Most of the folks who are members here, or any hardware site for that matter, really don't have a very good understanding of 3-D graphics. Of course I'm one of them..

Anyway- I sincerely hope things don't get lock-happy around here...

Ironically, I do feel this thread should be locked..if you feel like replying and locking, OK by me, just wanted to get this off my chest.

digitalwanderer 05-27-03 07:57 PM

Well, if this is the place to bitch then I'll add my bit about it being wrong to have banned Hellbinder the way ya did. :(

I think he was baited and wrongly banned, and I think he's owed an apology as well as his reinstatement. :(

Sazar 05-27-03 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Well, if this is the place to bitch then I'll add my bit about it being wrong to have banned Hellbinder the way ya did. :(

I think he was baited and wrongly banned, and I think he's owed an apology as well as his reinstatement. :(

HB is not entirely blameless in this issue...

there is no doubt he may know more than most of us... but then so do people like dave baumann... and you don't see dave coming in here and continually looking down on people... he presents his case and moves on...

but I have to go with the other lads... the WAY he was banned was a bit off...

still it is the perogative of the mods... and their decision ultimately as to how they handle things...

just providing my feedback :)

digitalwanderer 05-27-03 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sazar
HB is not entirely blameless in this issue...

there is no doubt he may know more than most of us... but then so do people like dave baumann... and you don't see dave coming in here and continually looking down on people... he presents his case and moves on...

but I have to go with the other lads... the WAY he was banned was a bit off...

still it is the perogative of the mods... and their decision ultimately as to how they handle things...

just providing my feedback :)

True, it is the mods call and their word is final...I also was just stating my opinion.

I know HB can be a bit much at times, but he wasn't overly rude or surly this time and has been really making an attempt to tone down his behavoir lately and I really just felt it was the mods this time around who went a little over the top. :(

PsychoSy 05-27-03 08:34 PM

Hellbinder was baited but wrong or right is in the eyes of the interpreter. He and and Vamp are totally responsible for to extremes that bait was taken between them and how they interpreted each other's posts. Vamp has apologized for jumping the gun and, from what I gather, HB's ban has been lifted.

Hell, I bait Udawg and Ex-Bu all the time.
And they bait me back, too.
Seldom are we at each others throats.

We just know how to push each other's buttons! :D :p

As for closing threads here...I think Volt's criteria is very simple.

1) Close threads that pointlessly beat dead horses.
2) Close threads that pointlessly beat resurrected horses.
3) Close threads that pointlessly repeat previously established points ad infinitum.

This is probably one of those threads.

And just because a thread here gets locked doesn't mean the feedback was unappreciated or ignored.

Volt, if you'll do the honors! :)