nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Windows 7 Intentionally leaked??? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=125519)

Shamrock 12-31-08 10:24 PM

Windows 7 Intentionally leaked???

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=13822

Quote:

Now Microsoft Watch's Joe Wilcox, an observer on all things Microsoft, has thrown in his support for such theories. Mr. Wilcox writes:

Was this a craftily timed Microsoft marketing leak?

I sure as hell think so. It's certainly what I would do if I worked at Microsoft on Windows evangelism. The timing is perfect, from a marketing perspective. The leaked build hit BitTorrent sometime on Saturday, right after Christmas when the Windows geeks had nothing better to do and bloggers and journalists had nothing better to write about. The leaked build is designated "7000," which strongly suggests that the code is the same as forthcoming Beta 1, or close to it.

Absolution 01-01-09 02:20 PM

Re: Windows 7 Intentionally leaked???

So what if it was?

No offense, but just linking news articles to sites many of us visit already without adding your own input or at least trying to start a discussion is rather pointless.

vert305 01-01-09 02:22 PM

BooooooooooooooooooooooooooM in your face! .... are you going to let him talk to you like that? owned:

crainger 01-01-09 04:11 PM

Knock it off guys.

I'm waiting for a 64bit one myself. :;):

Noriega 01-01-09 04:30 PM

Hope 64Bit version of 7 will get most of developers attention.

crainger 01-01-09 04:38 PM

Probably wont as most OEMs refuse to sell it. Dell wont let you have it even if you config a 4-8gb machine!

Redeemed 01-01-09 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crainger (Post 1889900)
Probably wont as most OEMs refuse to sell it. Dell wont let you have it even if you config a 4-8gb machine!

Not that long ago we stocked a Dell that had 4GB of RAM and a C2Q proc, had the 64-bit version of Vista. So why would they not allow for the 64-bit version of Windows 7, once it is available?

JasonPC 01-01-09 06:36 PM

I thought I had heard the next version of Windows after Vista would be 64-bit only? Whatever happened to that?

shilk 01-01-09 06:53 PM

Quote:

That's just crazy and foolish on their part. :(

johnkeel105 01-01-09 08:55 PM

I think the version to be 64-bit only was confirmed to be after Windows 7. Microsoft isn't going to limit their OS to 64-bit processors just yet. In an economy like we have now that would be suicide. Gotta remember that most people outside this forum have less then 4gb of Ram and run PC's that are 2-3 years old. Limiting people loses money, even though many people would like to see 32-bit OS bite the dust.

JasonPC 01-01-09 08:59 PM

I wouldn't mind it to be standard. Seems like a transformation that needs to start happenening now as the real need for around 4 gigs is basically here with Vista and I don't think Windows 7 will reverse that need (I think just under 50% ram usage with just the OS loaded and maybe a few vital programs is not really acceptable with 2 gigs).

mullet 01-01-09 09:26 PM

Quote:

There is your problem you said config & Dell in the same sentence.