nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126140)

HYBRID 01-12-09 12:36 PM

EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
I have an MSI 8600GTS lying around my house does anyone here think there is any benefits from actually installing this card with the GTX295?

I really want to know if there will be more to gain with regards to Physx than just the use of the GTX295 thanks in advance for any input.

Maverickman 01-12-09 09:12 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
You cannot use an 8600 GTS with the GTX 295 as they are two different cards. You can only SLI the same two cards: for example, two 9800 GT cards. They don't have to be the same brand though.

rage10 01-12-09 09:21 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverickman (Post 1901290)
You cannot use an 8600 GTS with the GTX 295 as they are two different cards. You can only SLI the same two cards: for example, two 9800 GT cards. They don't have to be the same brand though.

physics does not require sli. and to tho OP: most likly it will slow it down due to the 295 being so much faster.

HYBRID 01-12-09 10:36 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
I was thinking the same wasn't sure thanks for the input I'll just fleabay the card.

MUYA 01-12-09 10:41 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
I asked in anotehr thread...but I will ask here too!

Ok question from me. I have the 295, and a spare 8800 GTX. Could I use the 8800 GTX card as a physX card? Also I only have a x38 crossfire motherboard?

CAUTION 01-13-09 12:10 AM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA (Post 1901347)
I asked in anotehr thread...but I will ask here too!

Ok question from me. I have the 295, and a spare 8800 GTX. Could I use the 8800 GTX card as a physX card? Also I only have a x38 crossfire motherboard?

Yes, that is possible. If you follow this link: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/01...-motherboard/1

This video talks about the Evga SLI classified with Nvidia latest drivers you can have dedicated physics. Like for Ex. 3X GTX285's with another dedicated gpu for physics.

grimreefer 01-13-09 02:04 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HYBRID (Post 1900930)
I have an MSI 8600GTS lying around my house does anyone here think there is any benefits from actually installing this card with the GTX295?

I really want to know if there will be more to gain with regards to Physx than just the use of the GTX295 thanks in advance for any input.

yea, use it.
let your 295 focus on graphics

rage10 01-14-09 07:27 PM

Re: EVGA GTX295 and adding an MSI8600GTS for PHYSX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grimreefer (Post 1901855)
yea, use it.
let your 295 focus on graphics

+1 the 8800 is fast enough not to create a bottle neck


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.