nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Feedback Forum (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who really owns this site? hmmmmm (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12618)

Mortrek 05-29-03 06:03 PM

Who really owns this site? hmmmmm

Everyone should keep in mind that the more popular a publically available service/establishment is, the more it is considered owned by the general population.

Its a sad fact of life in this country that you lose control of a creation on the eve of its greatness.

Just please don't act like gods. You may have admin status, but its not your site anymore. You have a responsibility to the public.

Thanks

deejaya 05-29-03 06:18 PM

WTF? :confused:

This is not our site, it belongs to whoever owns the box it is on, the guys who post news, and the ones who spend their free time managing the forums. We are merely guests, in their house.

Sazar 05-29-03 06:22 PM

Re: Who really owns this site? hmmmmm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mortrek
Everyone should keep in mind that the more popular a publically available service/establishment is, the more it is considered owned by the general population.

Its a sad fact of life in this country that you lose control of a creation on the eve of its greatness.

Just please don't act like gods. You may have admin status, but its not your site anymore. You have a responsibility to the public.

Thanks

eh.. this is a privately owned website m8... :)

ergo... WE are lucky to be allowed to register and use this facility PROVIDED to us free of cost...

therefore... this whole public thing :) as long as we abide by the rules and don't question the powers that be (basically mike :) )... we are fine...

undoubtedly a system of checks and balances is there... and we can question certain actions by the non-admins... but to question the admin and tell him he has a responsibility to us when HE is paying the bills... I dunno bout that one...

vampireuk 05-29-03 06:35 PM

Quote:

We are merely guests, in their house
Nail on the head

Until you start paying the bills for this site instead of Mike this is his house. I am proud to have the privildege of been here and so should you.

As for the acting like gods bit, what on earth?:D

digitalwanderer 05-29-03 06:37 PM

ROFLMFAO~~~~~~~~

Quote:

Originally posted by Mortrek

Thanks

Don't feel bad about everyone who's going to start laughing at ya, but you got it coming. It's a common misconception that on forums you have "freedom of speech" or that "the people have the REAL power", but it just ain't so.

You're being here is a privelage, not a right; you're here by the mods sufferance, not because they HAVE to let you be here. This is a private forum and NOTHING pisses off mods/admins more than having someone come in and tell them otherwise.

You're wrong me friend, pure and simple...live and learn. ;)

poursoul 05-29-03 06:40 PM

damn it! cats outa the bag, where'd my powers go! no more lightning from the fingertips DAMN!!!

Sazar 05-29-03 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
Nail on the head

Until you start paying the bills for this site instead of Mike this is his house. I am proud to have the privildege of been here and so should you.

:eek:

you didn't know you were a god...

geez vamps... where ya bin already :D

intercede007 05-29-03 09:48 PM

Mike Chambers owns the site. Geez..that was easy.

Next question?

ChrisW 05-29-03 11:25 PM

I must agree with everyone else here. It's a private site and the owners can do whatever they want. Read the rules you agreed to when you signed up here. If you break the rules, you are outta here. As far as freedom of speech, you have as much as the owners allow you to have. If you don't like that you are free to create your own site where anything goes. You can't expect to go into someone else's house and start shouting whatever you want at the top of your lungs.

dohcmark8 05-30-03 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vampireuk
Nail on the head

Uh oh..... The Flibble Speaks! (Mark his words as-if they were said by the higher power up there).:afraid: :bugeyes: