nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dark Sector for pc out in Russia!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126471)

theox2g6 01-17-09 04:40 PM

Dark Sector for pc out in Russia!!!

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090117/MUg9VVCiZi.jpg

I was just on IM with a friend doing work study in Moscow and he says he just a bought a copy for pc, It seems to be port of the console versions with slightly upgraded visuals, very well optimized with high framerates and decently optimized for pc controls(for example, keyboard and mouse button icons are used for quicktime events instead of 360 buttons)

First I didn't believe him but I just found this video uploaded on youtube just a few hours ago

The bad news is the game uses the dreaded draconian Starforce for protection, The only silver lining is that my friends says it hasn't screwed up his dvd drive just yet

NarcissistZero 01-17-09 04:53 PM

Re: Dark Sector for pc out in Russia!!!

I could go for that game on PC, but not to the lengths I guess I would have to go to get this version.

theox2g6 01-17-09 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 1905668)
I could go for that game on PC, but not to the lengths I guess I would have to go to get this version.

Well, I only put this out there, so people would know that there is indeed a pc version since this game has been known to be exclusive to consoles until recently

Just for people know that there'll most likely be an American or European release sometime very soon since the game is pretty much done, The only thing is I hope it's on Steam so I can avoid Starforce

crainger 01-17-09 05:07 PM

Wow. I liked this game. If I knew a PC version was coming I might have waited as the controls for console were... Less than helpful.

saturnotaku 01-17-09 05:57 PM

GoGamer stocks a lot of import titles. Maybe they'll have this one, provided it's legit.

Nitz Walsh 01-17-09 06:16 PM

Wow, that's surprising. Supposedly a medicore game though - would be nice to see it on Steam without Starforce for sure.

|MaguS| 01-17-09 06:30 PM

It's an "ok" game, I got it for $10 off of Gamefly. Wouldn't pay more then that for it.

I wonder if Russia has the PC version of Condemned 2... :p

JohnDio 01-17-09 06:35 PM

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Good news though :)

NarcissistZero 01-17-09 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1905732)

You must die.

crainger 01-17-09 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |MaguS| (Post 1905732)
It's an "ok" game, I got it for $10 off of Gamefly. Wouldn't pay more then that for it.

::rofl:

I'd be bummed if they do Condemned 3 and it makes it to PC, but 2 remains AWOL.

Destroy 01-17-09 07:12 PM

Wow, this came out of no where. No news or anything, just blam and its out. Would like to see more proof though.

Condemned 2 and Skate 2 can't be far behind.

crainger 01-17-09 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroy (Post 1905759)
Wow, this came out of no where. No news or anything, just blam and its out. Would like to see more proof though.

Condemned 2 and Skate 2 can't be far behind.

Why? They are completely different games from completely different devs and publishers.

Or are you being funny. ::bleh:: I wouldn't know. I have no sense of humour.

If you do a quick Google you can see the Euro sites knew about this for a awhile. News didn't make it over here until it's Russian release it seems.