nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126801)

Maverickman 01-23-09 10:18 PM

GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
It looks like Nvidia's 40nm GPUs have tapped out and are on target for a summer release. We'll soon see a GTX 380 no doubt. Here's the article for your reading pleasure!




http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...11632&Itemid=1

jcrox 01-23-09 11:46 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
You couldn't be bothered to just copy and paste those 3 sentences??

XxDeadlyxX 01-24-09 12:00 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Nice, I'll be keeping my 280s until then. Hopefully it has 1.5GB or 2GB ram for the single card, that would help with games like GTA4.

Roliath 01-24-09 12:51 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Yeah if anything three 260's will tide me over until the end of this year, I just need to get a new psu to get that third 260 installed! argh!

Lfctony 01-24-09 04:32 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
New single-GPU cards... Cool. :)

CaptNKILL 01-24-09 08:14 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Was the original article removed? I don't see anything about a GTX 380 at the link in the OP.

DaveChambers 01-24-09 08:30 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1911611)
Was the original article removed? I don't see anything about a GTX 380 at the link in the OP.

I believe hes just speculating at the name, makes sense to me; stick with the names that people are already familiar with.

CaptNKILL 01-24-09 08:39 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChambers (Post 1911617)
I believe hes just speculating at the name, makes sense to me; stick with the names that people are already familiar with.

When I click that link I get an article about the MacBook Pro. :lol:

I'm guessing its supposed to go to the same article as this thread:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...59#post1911559

Maverickman 01-24-09 10:08 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
No one except the higher-ups at Nvidia knows what the next high-end card is going to be called, but GeForce GTX 380 sounds reasonable. I'm happy with my new GTX 295, but it's sad when you buy a new card for $499 and it's obsolete in six months! Also, I heard that the next-gen Nvidia cards would be DX 11 compliant, but I don't know why Nvidia would want to release a new card so soon when DX 11 won't be around until Windows 7!

DaveChambers 01-24-09 12:01 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptNKILL (Post 1911626)
When I click that link I get an article about the MacBook Pro. :lol:

I'm guessing its supposed to go to the same article as this thread:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...59#post1911559

Weird, I clicked the link before I posted and after I read your post, I get the same article that is in the other thread.

I think you broke your puterz. (lee)

MUFC4EVER 01-24-09 02:37 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverickman (Post 1911698)
No one except the higher-ups at Nvidia knows what the next high-end card is going to be called, but GeForce GTX 380 sounds reasonable. I'm happy with my new GTX 295, but it's sad when you buy a new card for $499 and it's obsolete in six months! Also, I heard that the next-gen Nvidia cards would be DX 11 compliant, but I don't know why Nvidia would want to release a new card so soon when DX 11 won't be around until Windows 7!

If you look around the net Windows 7 might ship in August this year.

Considering that Q2 is April to July this makes perfect sense for NV to release a DX11 card.

I'm typing this on Windows 7 beta and it's a very good OS. Just sad that this wasn't Vista as it should have been!

(lee63)

Bee_Dee_3_Dee 01-24-09 06:45 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 380 on target for Q2 '09 release!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverickman (Post 1911698)
No one except the higher-ups at Nvidia knows what the next high-end card is going to be called, but GeForce GTX 380 sounds reasonable. I'm happy with my new GTX 295, but it's sad when you buy a new card for $499 and it's obsolete in six months! Also, I heard that the next-gen Nvidia cards would be DX 11 compliant, but I don't know why Nvidia would want to release a new card so soon when DX 11 won't be around until Windows 7!

The 295 will rock for quite some time I believe. (lee) I hope the GTX 380 has twice the FPS as a 295- but I doubt it. :D What it will accomplish is make money for nVidia because of the size of the technology. I bet they are going to lose money on the 295, even though they sell a lot of them; but they will still lose money on the 295. And recapturing the Crown with the 295 made the 295 well worth losing a little money on it.

I suggest everybody without a 295 snag two or three 280's when they reach their all time lowest price and go with 280 SLI Rigs until sometime in 2010. What will they cost at the lowest? $229 or how much less? What a deal! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.