- NVIDIA FreeBSD
180.25 for FreeBSD x86 released
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 295
- GeForce GTX 285
- GeForce 9300 GE
- Quadro NVS 420
- Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU to display a green screen when using the overlay-based presentation queue with interlaced modes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented VDPAU from working correctly after X server restarts on some GPUs.
- Improved VDPAU's handling of mode switches; eliminated a crash in its mode switch recovery code and a hang in the blit-based presentation queue.
- Fixed a bug that caused VDPAU to crash when using DisplayPort devices.
- Fixed a potential hang in VDPAU when using the blit-based presentation queue on systems with multiple GPUs not in SLI mode.
- Implemented missing error checking of layer data in VDPAU's VdpVideoMixerRender function.
- Improved VDPAU's handling of setups with multiple GPUs, if a subset of the GPUs cannot be supported due to resource limitations.
- Improved GPU video memory management coordination between the NVIDIA X driver and VDPAU.
- Fix potential hang in VDPAU when the overlay is already in use.
- Improved workstation OpenGL performance.
- Fixed an X driver acceleration bug that resulted in Xid errors on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Updated the X driver to consider GPUs it does not recognize supported, allowing it to drive some GPUs it previously ignored.
- Added the ability to run distribution provided pre- and post- installation hooks to 'nvidia-installer'; please see the 'nvidia-installer' manual page for details.
- Updated the X driver's metamode parser to allow mode names with periods (i.e. '.'s).
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 180.25
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-180.25.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.25.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the [b]180.25/b] NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.