nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GeforceFX 5800 Review (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12763)

Lfctony 06-02-03 01:09 PM

GeforceFX 5800 Review

http://www.black-ash.net/reviews/vid...5800/index.php

Pretty cool card.

digitalwanderer 06-02-03 01:24 PM

Re: GeforceFX 5800 Review

Quote:

Originally posted by Lfctony
http://www.black-ash.net/reviews/vid...5800/index.php

Pretty cool card.

Yeah, real killer; TOO BAD THEY AIN'T GONNA SELL ANY!!!!

It's already been discontinued, welcome to a month ago. :rolleyes:

pgn.inertia 06-02-03 01:39 PM

Yeah, nice to review a card that's not being made anymore...

Though I think a lot of stores still have a few of these babies in stock. Would wait for GeForceFX 5900 or GeForceFX 5600 Ultra however, if I saw one...

Lfctony 06-02-03 01:47 PM

That's why I pointed out that one should get the card once the 5900 is released.Any excisting stock would be sold at very low prices by stores. Plus if I could find one here in Cyprus, then definitely there are some left in stores around the world. :)

digitalwanderer 06-02-03 01:52 PM

Quote:

That's why I pointed out that one should get the card once the 5900 is released.Any excisting stock would be sold at very low prices by stores. Plus if I could find one here in Cyprus, then definitely there are some left in stores around the world. :)
But it's still loud & hot as hell and can't compare to a 9700 Pro, which can be picked up for MUCH cheaper I'll wager as the 5800 is probably bound to become a collectors item just due to it's infamous debut.

pgn.inertia 06-02-03 01:58 PM

What I don't understand is that the starter of this thread first states that GeForceFX 5800 is a "Pretty cool card." but afterwards states that it's not such a cool card afterall (especially considering price...)

digitalwanderer 06-02-03 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pgn.inertia
What I don't understand is that the starter of this thread first states that GeForceFX 5800 is a "Pretty cool card." but afterwards states that it's not such a cool card afterall (especially considering price...)
"Ours is not to question why, ours is to believe and buy!"
traditional nVidiot salute

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I'm begining to believe that some company is trying to buy themselves a grassroots campaign-o-support for their failing reputation.

Has anyone noticed that some of the more outspoken defenders of nVidia happen to work at companies with very close relationships with 'em? Or that there seems to be a rash of low-post people coming in and saying wonderful things about nVidia cards out of the blue?

Good thing I'm not paranoid or I might actually believe that... :eek2:

Lfctony 06-02-03 02:10 PM

Hey people,some things I would like to point out:
1.This is the normal 5800, so it isn't loud like the Ultra.
2.With the present mature drivers from Nvidia, this card performs very similar to a R9700 Pro,sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse.
3.I never said the card wasn't good,I just said that you could get this card for much cheaper once the 5900 would be released. The same would stand for the 9700 Pro, as its price dropped when the 9800 Pro was released. That doesn't take away from the card.
:)

digitalwanderer 06-02-03 02:12 PM

Quote:

With the present mature drivers from Nvidia, this card performs very similar to a R9700 Pro,sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse.
Would those "present mature drivers" happen to be the cheater set that everyone is waiting for nVidia to comment on? If so, I do believe you just opened up a big-ole can of whoop-ass all over yourself. :(

pgn.inertia 06-02-03 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
"Ours is not to question why, ours is to believe and buy!"
traditional nVidiot salute

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I'm begining to believe that some company is trying to buy themselves a grassroots campaign-o-support for their failing reputation.

Has anyone noticed that some of the more outspoken defenders of nVidia happen to work at companies with very close relationships with 'em? Or that there seems to be a rash of low-post people coming in and saying wonderful things about nVidia cards out of the blue?

Good thing I'm not paranoid or I might actually believe that... :eek2:

I'm checking my case for any suspicious camera's! :eek2:

pgn.inertia 06-02-03 02:14 PM

Quote:

Would those "present mature drivers" happen to be the cheater set that everyone is waiting for nVidia to comment on? If so, I do believe you just opened up a big-ole can of whoop-ass all over yourself. :(
It's interesting to see people getting very agitated when it's comes to NVIDIA drivers these days, wonder why...

But please, let's not start a NVIDIA/ATi fanboy'ism debate...

Lfctony 06-02-03 02:16 PM

Quote:

Nope,in the review I didn't use 3DMark2003, plus the benchmarks used were mostly proper games.Now If Nvidia modified their drivers for the games I've used,that I don't know.Plus,I stated in the review why I didn't use 3DM2k3,I think you all know. :)