nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Draconian DRM Revealed In Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128608)

nekrosoft13 02-18-09 07:54 PM

Draconian DRM Revealed In Windows 7

removed because of FUD ;)

JasonPC 02-18-09 08:19 PM

Re: Draconian DRM Revealed In Windows 7

Yawn I do believe neither of these issues are new to Windows 7 (originated in Vista) nor do I believe either are related to 'DRM' that comes with Windows 7 (the media issue I believe has to do with the changes made to the audio stack). This is more of the same uneducated FUD that smeared Vista.

I read the article completely and I have to say whoever wrote it is a complete moron. There is no proof of DRM, no sources, not even a link on slashdot to the original article. Clearly someone is just trying to be the first to say "OMG Windows 7 SUXORS" and get some kind of a shock value out of it.

nekrosoft13 02-18-09 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonPC (Post 1936384)

I read the article completely and I have to say whoever wrote it is a complete moron. There is no proof of DRM, no sources, not even a link on slashdot to the original article. Clearly someone is just trying to be the first to say "OMG Windows 7 SUXORS" and get some kind of a shock value out of it.

quite possible, i just found the article, didn't read the entire thing. don't shoot the messenger

JasonPC 02-18-09 08:45 PM

Not blaming you. It just makes me mad when people who clearly know NOTHING spread stuff like this on slashdot and digg and the mindless drones there spread it around even more and accept it for fact.

LovingSticky 02-19-09 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 1936390)
don't shoot the messenger

Why not?

:maxshoot:

AdamK47 02-25-09 12:39 PM

I installed Vista once and it put DRM in all my stuff. Me angry. Me hate Windows. Bill Gates bad. Microsoft evil. Vista poop. Me heart Mac. Steve Jobs cool. iPhone shiny. Mac shiny. OSX is better looks and use.

Mr Bigman 02-25-09 02:27 PM

DRM is the devil shaws.

Sean_W 02-25-09 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1941896)
I installed Vista once and it put DRM in all my stuff. Me angry. Me hate Windows. Bill Gates bad. Microsoft evil. Vista poop. Me heart Mac. Steve Jobs cool. iPhone shiny. Mac shiny. OSX is better looks and use.

Apple are worse, end of story.

Sgt_Pitt 03-12-09 08:55 PM

iTunes/Quicktime is fail