nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   General Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Parameters for nvaudio module (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12888)

gzunk 06-04-03 05:21 PM

Parameters for nvaudio module

Can anyone help? I am successfully running the nvaudio module and do have sound, but I only get it from my front two speakers - not my surround speakers.

The following is the output from dmesg:

Nvidia + AC97 Audio, version 0.24, 03:11:15 Apr 2 2003
Nvaudio: in Funcction Nvaudio_init_module
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:06.0 to 64
Nvaudio: NVIDIA nForce2 Audio found at IO 0xb800 and 0xb400, IRQ 5
Nvaudio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels.
NVaudio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: 0x414c:0x4720 (ALC650)
Nvaudio: only 48Khz playback available.
Nvaudio: AC'97 codec 0, new EID value = 0x05c7
Nvaudio: AC'97 codec 0, DAC map configured, total channels = 6
Nvaudio: PROBE is done

How can I get it from the base 2 channel mode into 4 channel mode?

Thanks

qzg 06-16-03 10:19 AM

Same Problem

I am having the same problem. I'd really like to know what the solution is ( if there is one ).

-Q

navara 06-19-03 08:40 AM

nvaudio

Yes, I have same problem - nvaudio is reporting 6 channels, but I never heard sound except for first two reproductors. Google does not give advice howto setup 4,6 channels :(

Another problem I have is 48khz playing only - some programs complains, that soundcard is unable to play their 44khz sound and does not play anything at all :(

Hawkeye 06-19-03 01:45 PM

48Khz Possible solution

Don't know if this will help, but it's from the nVidia website concerning the nForce drivers of which I have one myself :[MSI(NVIDIA) nForce2 Chipset Based K7N2 Motherboard with nVidia AGP GeForce3 Ti200 (128 DDR onboard) ] :................................................. .... nvaudio Module Parameters

The nForce audio driver supports the following optional parameters:

spdif_status
spdif_status
The "spdif_status" module parameter is used to enable or disable S/PDIF support in the driver. By default S/PDIF is enabled, but can be disabled by setting spdif_status to 0. The driver can only support 48kHz sample rate when S/PDIF is enabled, so disabling it will increase compatability with applications that make assumptions about what sample rates the driver supports! Find the nForce Drivers for your Distro here !

trew 06-22-03 11:12 AM

Re: Parameters for nvaudio module

Quote:

Originally posted by gzunk
Can anyone help? I am successfully running the nvaudio module and do have sound, but I only get it from my front two speakers - not my surround speakers.

The following is the output from dmesg:

Nvidia + AC97 Audio, version 0.24, 03:11:15 Apr 2 2003
Nvaudio: in Funcction Nvaudio_init_module
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:06.0 to 64
Nvaudio: NVIDIA nForce2 Audio found at IO 0xb800 and 0xb400, IRQ 5
Nvaudio: Audio Controller supports 6 channels.
NVaudio: Defaulting to base 2 channel mode.
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: 0x414c:0x4720 (ALC650)
Nvaudio: only 48Khz playback available.
Nvaudio: AC'97 codec 0, new EID value = 0x05c7
Nvaudio: AC'97 codec 0, DAC map configured, total channels = 6
Nvaudio: PROBE is done

How can I get it from the base 2 channel mode into 4 channel mode?

Thanks

Pretty mutch the same output as I get (a7n8x deluxe). Now, your 5.1 surround does probably work, you only need a proper wav-file with > 2 channels or a dvd with 2+3+1 channels and a player that can handle those. So far, the only way I've managed to play a dvd with surround (or .avi with ac3 audio) is using vlc (videolan client). This player let's me select what audio channels/mode I want to play, and it even support S/PDIF pass through. Using "mplayer -channels 6 ..." has the same symptoms as with the alsa-driver. The center channel seems to jump around, from left, to rear and even to the sub, but all channels are there.

Anyone with the same experience? With a possible workaround?