nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   UT2003 lowly babble!!!!!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1290)

nvambat 08-30-02 04:38 AM

UT2003 lowly babble!!!!!!

When will Unreal Tournament 2003 be released?

Unreal Tournament 2003 is scheduled for a Summer 2002 release.

What will the recommended system requirements be?

Operating System: WIN 98/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (*Pentium® or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)
Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM: 8X
Audio System: Windows® compatible sound card (*Sound Blaster® Audigy(tm) series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA® nForce™ or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)
Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc)
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem

make it 2G+ processor, 128MB vid card, but only a GF2 or Radeon 1 is needed...HAHA :confused:

Stavros 08-30-02 07:05 AM

The Vambat has spoken
Hail to the vambat:D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

Gator 08-30-02 07:26 AM

i definetly agree it ridiculous. From what I can tell the REAL requirements are more like this:

-AthlonXP (any speed), Northwood Pentium4 (any speed), or hella overclocked PIII Tulatin
-256DDR or higher (512 highly recommended)
-4gig on at least UDMA/100 (more recommended because you know you'll be downloading new maps off servers)
-GF3 TI, GF4 TI, Radeon 8500, Radeon 9000Pro, Radeon 9700

And the release date, as much as it stinks how late it is the truth is that they REALLY want to release the perfect game. They continue to improve and fix and change the code. No build is quite like that other.

Head_slinger 08-30-02 08:03 PM

I see people talking about the demo for UT2003. I have looked everywhere and i cant find it. Just wondering if soeone could shed some light on this plz.

Thanx in Advance

Cereal-Killer 08-30-02 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Head_slinger
I see people talking about the demo for UT2003. I have looked everywhere and i cant find it. Just wondering if soeone could shed some light on this plz.

Thanx in Advance

Trust me, if the official demo was out you would have heard about it :D

According to Mark Rein, the Epic guy, it will be "out in two weeks!" :D

But there is a leaked demo somewhere out there!

Gator 08-31-02 12:15 AM

i got build927. It's very cool, but trust me the game is gonna change so much since then that you dont want my demo. But it has allowed me to determine what upgrades I needed and such, including switching from 8500 to GF4 TI4400. Beleive me I was miserable with UT2k3 + R8500... can you say choppy?! :rolleyes:

SavagePaladin 08-31-02 05:08 AM

The final version will actually be OPTIMIZED, and will therefore work on low end systems....
geez, people. get a clue :p

Alybe 09-04-02 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gator
i got build927. It's very cool, but trust me the game is gonna change so much since then that you dont want my demo. But it has allowed me to determine what upgrades I needed and such, including switching from 8500 to GF4 TI4400. Beleive me I was miserable with UT2k3 + R8500... can you say choppy?! :rolleyes:
I have build 927 as well, and all I have is a G2Ultra atm......waiting for NV30.....yay! Anyway, I haven't had much trouble at all with this game, even in it's infancy......there's a few minor glitches in the game, but that was to be expected......it's a beta afterall. All around, I'd say, this game sooooooooo rocks! Hehe can't wait for Doom 3 either. Get ready for the next generation of gaming guys...weee! :D