- NVIDIA FreeBSD
96.43.11 (legacy) for FreeBSD i386 released
Release Highlights (changes since 96.43.07):
- Added support for X.Org server 1.5 and 1.6.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Fixed a text corruption problem on X.Org 1.5 and newer X.Org servers.
- Worked around an X server bug that caused text to disappear when a composite manager is enabled on X.Org 1.5 and newer X.Org servers.
- Fixed a texture corruption problem seen when running GoogleEarth on some GeForce 4 MX GPUs.
- Fixed a server crash triggered by Kopete's 'new message' popup dialog when a composite manager is enabled.
- Fixed an X server crash with multiple server generations when GLX is disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused window decorations to be corrupted in Compiz.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 96.43.11
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...6.43.11.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-96.43.11.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
If you encounter any problems with the 96.43.11
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and any relevant log files.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.