nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   GeForce GTX 295 safe temps? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=130108)

Maverickman 03-15-09 10:25 PM

GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
My GTX 295 seems to run at 82 degrees Celsius under extreme load. This is a bit hotter than my GTX 280 used to run under the same load. Is it O.K. for the 295 to run this high? When I overclock it to 605 MHz during intense gaming I do notice some artifacts on the screen. Now I just run it a the default speeds while gaming.

MUYA 03-15-09 10:50 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverickman (Post 1958860)
My GTX 295 seems to run at 82 degrees Celsius under extreme load. This is a bit hotter than my GTX 280 used to run under the same load. Is it O.K. for the 295 to run this high? When I overclock it to 605 MHz during intense gaming I do notice some artifacts on the screen. Now I just run it a the default speeds while gaming.

My 295 gets hotter than that. 9x degrees when running games. I think 105 degrees is the temp you should start watching out for. Mine never gets that high except when I bench with furmark

jeong 03-16-09 07:22 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
Idle @ 48 - 50C, Crysis for 2 hours will heat them up to 77C max for me in auto mode. If I use a 3rd party program to manually set the fan speeds, it's lower. Of course if I use furmark's extreme burning mode, it has no problem hitting 100C in no less than 30 min...

Dreamweavernoob 03-16-09 07:36 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
My card must be hemmoraging heat. Its So ****ing noisy as well.

MUYA 03-16-09 09:56 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob (Post 1959640)
My card must be hemmoraging heat. Its So ****ing noisy as well.

Yup, starting at above 60% the fan is loud....100%..very loud

Dreamweavernoob 03-16-09 10:49 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUYA (Post 1959749)
Yup, starting at above 60% the fan is loud....100%..very loud

For me 40% is loud as hell. I built a pc which is for all intents and purposes silent, then I make a mistake of buying this card :headexplode:

Maverickman 03-26-09 11:07 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
My GTX 295 is a HUGE disappointment!!!

methimpikehoses 03-26-09 11:33 PM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverickman (Post 1968922)
My GTX 295 is a HUGE disappointment!!!

RLY? why?

MUYA 03-27-09 12:01 AM

Re: GeForce GTX 295 safe temps?
 
I love my 295 GTX ...coming from a 8800 GTX!

Only thing that bothers me is the fan noise ...hence I game with headphones


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.