nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows XP And Vista (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   And the fastest browser is ... IE8 :) (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=130126)

LovingSticky 03-16-09 07:33 AM

And the fastest browser is ... IE8 :)

Measurements are done by Microsoft itself, but personally I think IE8 beats [slow]Fox in every area possible.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...aspx?vindex=14

a12ctic 03-16-09 07:40 AM

Re: And the fastest browser is ... IE8 :)

Most of it comes down to your network connection, even if IE can render a page .001 seconds faster than firefox or opera, I'm not going to burden myself using it. I doubt the majority of people that use alternative browsers use them strictly because they're faster. They use them because of their feature sets. There are so many things that firefox and opera can do that IE cant, while being more secure than IE.

mailman2 03-16-09 08:21 AM

Firefox is slow, I cant stand using it. I prefer chrome, but tbh I just use IE most the time cause some sites aren't compatible with other browsers. Its not like you can just not use IE at all, some sites don't work with other browsers.

glObalist 03-16-09 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman2 (Post 1959128)
Firefox is slow, I cant stand using it. I prefer chrome, but tbh I just use IE most the time cause some sites aren't compatible with other browsers. Its not like you can just not use IE at all, some sites don't work with other browsers.

O RLY?

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

a12ctic 03-16-09 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman2 (Post 1959128)

Have you used another browser since ~ 2000? I don't think I've had any compatibility issues with any browser since the early 00's. Don't spread FUD. Even Microsoft fan girls and boys will admit to FF and Opera being stronger browsers than the pile of crud IE is.

|MaguS| 03-16-09 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a12ctic (Post 1959159)
Have you used another browser since ~ 2000? I don't think I've had any compatibility issues with any browser since the early 00's. Don't spread FUD. Even Microsoft fan girls and boys will admit to FF and Opera being stronger browsers than the pile of crud IE is.

I use Opera but loved IE8 when I used it (stopped due to crashing issue) and Opera has tons of incompatibility with many websites I visit so stop your BS.

Tr1cK 03-16-09 10:05 AM

Using FF 3.1b3 and it's very fast on an old P4 2.8 I'm on right now @ work.

Microsoft says it's own product is faster than the competition? NO WAY!! :rofl

Yaboze 03-16-09 10:20 AM

I use FF3 because I love the Ad-ons. Safari isn't bad either, as an alternative.

thor1182 03-16-09 11:02 AM

I know I speak for a good size of the web devs out there when I say that nothing makes us cringe more than trying to get our sites to work correctly in IE. Its gotten better, but it is still pretty craptastic.

Firefox gets the job done for 99% of my web-surfing needs, and for the rest my machines always have at least 3 browsers to chose from.

mailman2 03-16-09 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a12ctic (Post 1959159)

Geez yea, didn't I mention Chrome? Was chrome out in 2000? Sorry I guess replying to an illiterate isn't very helpful anyways.

There are things I have to access for work that can only be accessed using IE. Also access for my wifes work as well requires IE, the page will just give you an error that you must be using IE if you try on Chrome, FF or Opera - I've tried. Some people access more than ghey pron which Im sure is great on Firefox, but I guess you'd be the authority on that too.

FF loads pages like Nutscrape which makes sense since it was built off Nutscrape. It takes longer for them to load using FF, always has. Dunno why there are so many FF fan bois out there, Chrome is a much better browser than FF. MS benchmarks mean nothing.

NaitoSan 03-16-09 12:28 PM

My brother works at web developer company and they use Firefox as default but it's NOT the fastest. They love Chrome so far and they're impressed with IE8 (they HATE IE6 and 7 was a nice improvement but not as good). They like IE8 and Chrome better than Firefox but they use Firefox because of best compatibility.

Sean_W 03-16-09 02:14 PM

You'll find that it was more about java script and other benchmarks not page loading time.

It's a known fact that Chrome beats the pants off all browsers in this area, it's very important. Also Firefox 3.1 will be and is MUCH faster than 3.0.x. Sorry Microsoft, nobody said anything about page loading speed, especially if it's as simple as google.com. :rolleyes:

They showed that IE8 can render some popular websites a bit faster. You see there was never a problem with IE's speed rendering pages like that, it's just the compatibility and other important benchmarks that was the problem.

Oh I forgot, IE 8 is only for Windows, major fail.