- NVIDIA Solaris
180.44 for Solaris x86/x86-64 released
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3800
- Quadro FX 3700M
- Quadro FX 1800
- Quadro FX 580
- Quadro FX 380
- Quadro NVS 295
- Fixed a problem that could cause Xid errors and display corruption in certain cases when OpenGL is used to render to redirected windows, for example when Java2D is used with the -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true option.
- Updated glGetStringi(GL_EXTENSIONS, i) to no longer return NULL in OpenGL 3.0 preview contexts.
- Fixed OpenGL crashes while running KDE4's Plasma.
- Fixed OpenGL crashes when using a large number of texture objects.
- Fixed the timestamp reporting in the GL_NV_present_video extension on SDI II with Quadro FX 4800 and 5800.
- Fixed a problem that caused the screen to flicker momentarily when OpenGL applications exit unexpectedly on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed an X server crash when an X client attempts to draw trapezoids and RenderAccel is disabled.
- Improved recovery from certain types of errors.
- Added support for RG renderbuffers in OpenGL 3.0.
- Added support for OpenGL 3.0 floating-point depth buffers.
- Fixed a problem that caused Valgrind to crash when tracing a program that uses OpenGL.
- Updated VDPAU to support VC-1/WMV acceleration on all GPUs supported by VDPAU; see the README for details.
- Fixed VDPAU corruption on some H.264 clips.
- Updated VDPAU documentation in the README and in vdpau.h, in particular regarding how to use the deinterlacing algorithms in the VdpVideoMixer object. Explicitly documented "half rate" deinterlacing, which should allow the advanced algorithms to run on more low-end systems.
- Implemented a "skip chroma deinterlace" option in VDPAU, which should allow the advanced deinterlacing algorithms to run on more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
- Fixed VDPAU VC-1 decoding on 64-bit platforms.
- Updated the VDPAU wrapper library to print dlerror() messages when driver loading problems occur.
- Improved VDPAU's handling of some corrupt H.264 streams, and some corrupt/invalid MPEG streams on some GPUs.
- Fixed VDPAU to correctly handle WMV "range reduction" on some GPUs. A minor backwards-compatible API change was made for this; see vdpau.h's documentation for structure field VdpPictureInfoVC1.rangered.
- Fixed a problem that caused surfaces to be marked as visible too early when the blit presentation queue is in use.
- Fixed VDPAU to prevent some cases of "display preemption" in the face of missing H.264 reference frames on some GPUs.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x64/x86
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 180.44
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.