- NVIDIA FreeBSD
180.51 for FreeBSD x86 released
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce 9600 GSO 512
- GeForce 9400 GT
- GeForce GTS 250
- GeForce GT 130
- GeForce GT 140
- Updated nvidia-bug-report.sh to compress its log file; running `nvidia-bug-report.sh` now produces "nvidia-bug-report.log.gz".
- Addressed a problem that could lead to intermittent hangs and system crashes on some GeForce 9 and later GPUs.
- Fixed an X server crash when viewing the website www.tim.it.
- Fixed rendering corruption in the OpenGL 16-bit RGB Workstation Overlay.
- Fixed a recent VDPAU regression that caused aborted playback and hangs when decoding some H.264 clips on G84, G86, G92, G94, G96, and GT200 GPUs.
- Fixed an interaction problem that could corrupt the EDID of the Fujitsu Technology Solutions Celsius H270 notebook's internal flatpanel.
- Fixed occasional X driver memory management performance problems when a composite manager is running.
- Fixed a bug that could interfere with the detection of display devices attached to secondary GPUs when first starting X after cold boots.
- Fixed a problem that could result in temporary stalls when moving OpenGL application windows on GeForce 8 and later GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented VGA fonts from being saved/restored correctly on GeForce 8 and later GPUs.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 180.51
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-180.51.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.51.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 180.51
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.