nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   MMORPGs (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WoW Downloader really slow? (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131695)

ATOJAR 04-18-09 03:03 PM

WoW Downloader really slow?

So as the name says im getting really slow speed with the wow downloader, im getting a messsage in the downloader saying "your computer appears to be behind a firewall."

BUT The DIR-301 will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run World of Warcraft Downloader. You should try using the DMZ portion of this router if it is available.

Alternatively you can try switching the router to bridged mode. You will need to contact your ISP to switch to bridged mode, so they can make the required changed on their end.

Anything i can do?

nrdstrm 05-03-09 03:22 PM

Re: WoW Downloader really slow?

My laptop did the same thing...Not a problem on my desktop at all (1.5 to 2.3 mb per second)...I got frustrated, and haven't tried again...Maybe today or tomorrow...Or I'll just download it via fileplanet, burn it, and install on lappy...

jeffmd 05-03-09 03:57 PM

Any descent router allows you to foward the needed ports.

My crappy dlink has 3 entries that look like this;

Blizzard Downloader 3724-3725 3724
Blizzard Downloader2 6112-6113 6112
Blizzard Downloader3 6881-6999 6881-6999

The first is the entree name, then the port range the router listens to on the internet side, and then the port range the router uses on the local network side.

Only the 3rd entree actually request that multi port span, the first 2 are actually only for one port, but my dlink requires a range of ports for entering in the WAN side so I picked 2 ports.

Tr1cK 05-04-09 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrdstrm (Post 1996932)
My laptop did the same thing...Not a problem on my desktop at all (1.5 to 2.3 mb per second)...I got frustrated, and haven't tried again...Maybe today or tomorrow...Or I'll just download it via fileplanet, burn it, and install on lappy...

Or if you have them networked, just copy the patch from one to the other.

Son Goku 05-16-09 12:52 PM

From my experience, the downloader is just sorta slow; period, though without the error message.

When I did a recent re-install of the game (appears my install of Windows had become rather corrupted); I was able to download the game at 2.3 MB/sec (yes you read that right, it really was 18.4 mBit/sec), and on downloading the game itself bliz's servers for this could almost saturate my pipe (though outa the 20 mBit pipe there would be some overhead). But then I got to the patches; and no one else could upload to me, near the BW I was getting with the direct download on the game itself.

ChrisRay 05-30-09 09:09 AM

Or you could download the patch seperately from fansite mirrors. I do that sometimes when I do a full reinstall.