nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas Announced (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131778)

NarcissistZero 04-20-09 12:43 PM

Fallout: New Vegas Announced

C'mon guys, I slept all day and no one made a thread?

Link: http://kotaku.com/5219584/new-fallout-announced

It's real, confirmed by GStaff on the official Bethesda boards. Obsidian is developing, which means some old Fallout vets will be used. Release is Holiday 2010 from the look of things. It is a side story, not Fallout 4, and is labled "action RPG"... which could mean the same thing as Fallout 3, or more action-oriented.

They also mention this will not effect Todd Howard and Bethesda's current project, which is most lilkely TES5.

Discuss.

nekrosoft13 04-20-09 12:47 PM

Re: Fallout: New Vegas Announced

they will probably be using current fallout engine.

Banko 04-20-09 01:45 PM

Well this is the best news the Fallout community can get in a while. At least Obsidian has some original Fallout developers and they know what an RPG is much more then Bethesda does. I never could finish Fallout 3... Yet I replayed Fallout 1 and 2 at least 10 times each.

Mike89 04-20-09 02:20 PM

Quote:

I never could finish Fallout 3...
What are you, a wuss? ;)

Toss3 04-20-09 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 1987603)
What are you, a wuss? ;)

I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place. :o

mrgimble 04-20-09 02:29 PM

The game became boring the second you couldn't level up any more.

Dreamweavernoob 04-20-09 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3 (Post 1987606)
I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place. :o

I finished it because it was so damn short.

Such a letdown. Fantastic premise just poorily executed.

Mike89 04-20-09 02:35 PM

Quote:

I never got around to finishing it either - it was just too boring after having played Oblivion for 50+ hours. Don't get what people saw in the game in the first place.
Just goes to show how different people's tastes are. I personally didn't like Oblivion (nor Morrowind before it) much and loved Fallout 3.

Q 04-20-09 02:48 PM

I played the hell out of Oblivion and loved. Beat all but a few very minor quests. But then the Shivering Isles expansion came out and and I just couldn't get into it. Bought Fallout 3 and its the same thing. I just feel burned out on that brand of RPG/Action game.

NarcissistZero 04-20-09 02:58 PM

Jesus, all the FO3 haters come out of the woodwork when they hear new news I guess.

Personally I loved FO3, much better RPG than Oblivion and a damn fine game.

crainger 04-20-09 03:03 PM

I loved Fallout 3. I couldn't get enough until I corrupted my Evil level 20+ save game and shelved it. I'm waiting for a few more DLCs to come then will start again.

Excited for this new game. More devs should do it IMHO. Roll out new games with current engines and focus on the game play and story. Sure it pisses us PC'ers off as we don't get new graphics, but with more and more extras being added at the driver level (better FSAA, Ambient Occlusions) it's not so bad.

I guess that's where Crytek made sense with their crazy ahead of time CryEngine... So bad they didn't have resources to put out more than just Warhead on the current Engine.

I agree with Velvet. Fallout 3 is much much more fun than Oblivion.

Mike89 04-20-09 03:56 PM

Quote:

Sure it pisses us PC'ers off as we don't get new graphics
Doesn't piss me off at all. Graphics are good enough anyways and I'd rather have more games.