nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Benchmarking And Overclocking (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131877)

lamarodom007 04-22-09 08:21 PM

Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
Sup all, plan switch to water for the upcoming summer, anyone has any great idea how I can get one whole water cooling kit for the price range of $150-$200 for I7 920. Thank you very much.

Toss3 04-23-09 04:51 AM

Re: Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamarodom007 (Post 1989478)
Sup all, plan switch to water for the upcoming summer, anyone has any great idea how I can get one whole water cooling kit for the price range of $150-$200 for I7 920. Thank you very much.

I put together a very nice watercooling kit for you for 233$ at xoxide.com:

Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU Block(one of the best cpu-blocks out there, but you need to get the 1366 installation bracket somewhere else)
Swiftech Micro Reservoir
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
Swiftech MCR220 Radiator
7 feet of 1/2" Vinyl Tube

You could also get all of these in a kit from crazypc.com(better choice as this includes two fans and has a better radiator) or frozencpu.com:

CrazyPC 258$

FrozenCPU 269$(includes the 1366 mounting kit)

Don't think you'll be able to get a decent water cooling kit for under 200$ though.. :/

Revs 04-23-09 05:07 AM

Re: Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108105

Swiftech 220 kit. My only beef is the pump can be a little loud. Otherwise very good

Toss3 04-23-09 06:50 AM

Re: Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs (Post 1989645)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108105

Swiftech 220 kit. My only beef is the pump can be a little loud. Otherwise very good

Won't fit on an i7 though.

Revs 04-23-09 09:04 AM

Re: Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toss3 (Post 1989665)
Won't fit on an i7 though.

Aah, I didn't know. Not really taken alot of interest in the i7 due to the fact I can't afford one :D. I assume that's because it has a different cooler mount setup?

TBH the setup you listed looks really good :).

Toss3 04-23-09 12:40 PM

Re: Can anyone recommending me some nice Watercooling kit for I7 920
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revs (Post 1989718)
Aah, I didn't know. Not really taken alot of interest in the i7 due to the fact I can't afford one :D. I assume that's because it has a different cooler mount setup?

TBH the setup you listed looks really good :).

Heh I knew because I have one of those you posted(done some modding to make it fit).. ;)

The setup I posted is the one I'd like to build myself, but the prices here are ridiculous; for the exact same setup I'd have to pay around 300. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.