nV News Forums

 
 

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Microsoft Windows 7 (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132236)

thor1182 04-30-09 12:48 PM

Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Pulling down both x86 and x64 right now. Won't get to installing it until this weekend, but definitely ready to retire the beta install.

Post thoughts, and or experiences with the RC here.

zoomy942 04-30-09 01:32 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
im using the RC. honestly its much faster. and that stupid bug with intel wireless adapters has been resolved thank goodness.

im interested in the XP virtual thing i have been seeing on the interwebz

nekrosoft13 04-30-09 01:44 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
zoomy make sure you are using the latest driver for intel wi-fi really helps.

thor1182 04-30-09 02:26 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
I started up the transfer about noon EST... and its still going on the x64 version which I started first...

So don't expect to get it from them quickly anytime soon.

Drolfrawd 04-30-09 02:27 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Any links ?

nekrosoft13 04-30-09 02:56 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drolfrawd (Post 1995303)
Any links ?

Today Microsoft Corp. has reached a significant milestone with the Release Candidate (RC) of the highly anticipated Windows 7 operating system, now available for download to MSDN and TechNet subscribers at http://technet.microsoft.com. Broader public availability will begin May 5 on the Microsoft Download Center at http://microsoft.com/downloads.

Drolfrawd 04-30-09 02:59 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 1995322)
Today Microsoft Corp. has reached a significant milestone with the Release Candidate (RC) of the highly anticipated Windows 7 operating system, now available for download to MSDN and TechNet subscribers at http://technet.microsoft.com. Broader public availability will begin May 5 on the Microsoft Download Center at http://microsoft.com/downloads.

Thanks Nekro, I will need to wait untill May 5th.

musman 04-30-09 03:07 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
If I have the beta installed and purchase 7 when its available, will I get a disc in the mail in case I need to wipe my HD and do a reinstall? I don't want to get stuck with my old beta disc and half to go through hoops to get it working.

Anyone have any idea how much W7 64bit will cost?

nekrosoft13 04-30-09 03:16 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by musman (Post 1995331)
If I have the beta installed and purchase 7 when its available, will I get a disc in the mail in case I need to wipe my HD and do a reinstall? I don't want to get stuck with my old beta disc and half to go through hoops to get it working.

Anyone have any idea how much W7 64bit will cost?

when you purchase the os, you will get disc of course, how else would customer install it.

and win7 will cost the same as vista, price will depend on what version you want.

musman 04-30-09 03:23 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 (Post 1995337)
when you purchase the os, you will get disc of course, how else would customer install it.

and win7 will cost the same as vista, price will depend on what version you want.

I know it was a stupid question. I just thought that they may just give me a new key to make my beta legit. But I now realize that what I have is a beta and my question was just stupid :)

Drolfrawd 04-30-09 03:57 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
Thats ok

six_storm 04-30-09 04:01 PM

Re: Windows 7 RC Available To Technet & MSDN
 
I've had the RC since Sunday and I really like it. A lot of my co-workers are curious about it, one even installed it over Vista just a few minutes ago. He LOVES it so far. Can't wait until the final version comes out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.