nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Gaming Central (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   you gotta love the price of pc games (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132782)

Amaury 05-11-09 06:29 AM

you gotta love the price of pc games

$29.99 for Ghostbusters + free tshirt if you preorder now.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=647520

I just bought Cryostasis and Wolverine $65 total for both games. Console versions are usually $60. Pc gaming isn't going anywhere folks.

Noriega 05-11-09 06:46 AM

Re: you gotta love the price of pc games

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaury (Post 2002743)
$29.99 for Ghostbusters + free tshirt if you preorder now.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=647520

I just bought Cryostasis and Wolverine $65 total for both games. Console versions are usually $60. Pc gaming isn't going anywhere folks.

yep and here in Europe PC games are even cheaper. I bought GTA IV for 9pounds!

Buio 05-11-09 08:17 AM

It is irritating that console games that suffer from much lower piracy is a lot more expensive. Yeah I know about license fee that they have to pay to Microsoft/Sony etc. But it doesn't send a good signal. It's like "stop pirating our PC games so we can raise the price with 20%".

CaptNKILL 05-11-09 08:21 AM

I've probably spent under a hundred dollars on Steam for dozens of games.

NarcissistZero 05-11-09 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaury (Post 2002743)
Console versions are usually $60. Pc gaming isn't going anywhere folks.

I don't really know how cheap prices mean anything about the lasting strength of PC games.

ATOJAR 05-12-09 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2003322)
I don't really know how cheap prices mean anything about the lasting strength of PC games.

Agreed, No way a PS3/XBOX360 can compete with a decent pc, Games are alsmost half the priced brand new for a pc(25 usually for the top games), I much prefere a keyboard/mouse over a controller and the games on a pc at alot more graphically advance.

I hardly buy games for my ps3(usually cost 40 -50 for the top games), I own fifa09 & the wife owns singstar 1,2,3 & singstar pop .. the next game ill be buying for the ps3 in UFC undisputed then after that will be fightnight round 4.

Mr. Hunt 05-12-09 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2003322)

Yeah... actually the opposite... what is better... Wolverine selling millions for 60 bucks a piece... or selling in the thousands for like 30 bucks? For the businesses... I am going to say they prefer the console side of the money.

Loreman 05-12-09 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2003357)
Yeah... actually the opposite... what is better... Wolverine selling millions for 60 bucks a piece... or selling in the thousands for like 30 bucks? For the businesses... I am going to say they prefer the console side of the money.

I think multi-platform rubbish like wolverine is exactly what I don't want to see on the PC.

I am happy to pay TOP dollar for a proper PC game, which are of course few and far between nowadays. For example I would rather pay top dollar for the awesomely deep and complex Baldurs Gate II of old then pay for the rubbish/kiddy/gauntlet arcade clone that was the console version.

I'll pay top dollar, if the game isn't made incredibly dumb for the console meat heads.

I don't see that happening though.

My XBOX 360 is just a media center nowadays.

NarcissistZero 05-12-09 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreman (Post 2003371)
I think multi-platform rubbish like wolverine is exactly what I don't want to see on the PC.

Wolverine is actually a damn fine game.

Loreman 05-12-09 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NarcissistZero (Post 2003378)
Wolverine is actually a damn fine game.

I thought it was mindless, childish, repetetive rubbish, but everyone has their cup of tea.

At any rate it's not the point I was getting at. I should have typed that sentence minus the wolverine part!

"I think multi-platform rubbish is exactly what I don't want to see on the PC."

That reads better.

Noriega 05-12-09 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt (Post 2003357)

Sorry but most of game price is going to MS, Sony or Nintendo pocket. Developers doesn't get more money because of higher price. So I would say that PC model is better cause same or more money from one game goes to developer while gamers pays less.

nutcrackr 05-12-09 07:32 AM

The lower initial and quicker drop in price should be an added pro for PC gaming, certainly brings back the cost difference when you are buying 20+ games a year.

But I'm not sure it's a strength, although many believe gaming prices should be lowered to appeal to mass market. It's pretty much demand and publishers who set that price.