nV News Forums

nV News Forums (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php)
-   NVIDIA Linux (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Please Help with nvaudio dependencies!! (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13287)

capoeirista 06-12-03 08:33 PM

Please Help with nvaudio dependencies!!

Hey, i've compiled the nforce drivers for my slackware 8.1 distribution, and the nvnet module loads, but not nvaudio. modules.conf complains that it can't load the module :
alias sound-slot-0 nvaudio

And when i try and insert the module manually, using /sbin/insmod nvaudio I get the following errors :

bash-2.05a$ /sbin/insmod nvaudio

Using /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_probe_codec

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_dsp

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_mixer

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_dac_rate

/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sound/nvaudio.o: unresolved symbol ac97_set_adc_rate

So i'm guessing that i've missing some modules, but I don't know which ones. Can anyone give me a hand?

I did a depmod and this is what it told me, if it's of any use...

bash-2.05a$ /sbin/depmod nvaudio
# module id=string
# pci module vendor device subvendor subdevice class class_mask driver_data
# isapnp module cardvendor carddevice driver_data vendor function ...
# usb module match_flags idVendor idProduct bcdDevice_lo bcdDevice_hi bDeviceClass bDeviceSubClass bDeviceProtocol bInterfaceClass bInterfaceSubClass bInterfaceProtocol driver_info
# module pattern
# ieee1394 module match_flags vendor_id model_id specifier_id version
# module id
bash-2.05a$

Cheers,
Oliver Sneyd (Capoeirista)

Thunderbird 06-13-03 01:03 AM

First I'm not using an nforce board.

The driver depends on other small sound drivers one of them is ac97 (not sure if that is the full module name), it also might depend on "soundcore".
When you use modprobe instead of insmod depending modules get loaded automaticly.

capoeirista 06-13-03 01:13 AM

Any idea what the lines that I need to put in my modules.conf are that will load ac97_codec and soundcore automatically?

Kiamu 06-13-03 03:05 AM

you have to build the i810 module in your kernel in addition to the nvaudio module to get the ac97 codec support you need.

or use alsa... ;)

capoeirista 06-13-03 04:43 AM

I have the modules that I need already compiled, it's just that I have to run modprobe nvaudio when I log in for audio to work. I don't know what to put in my modules.conf that will automatically load ac97_codec, soundcore and nvaudio :)

Cheers,
Olly (Capoeirista)

Locke Averame 06-13-03 08:56 AM

Use the i810 audio module from alsa instead, it works perfectly for a friend of mine.